Sunday, November 13, 2016

Lame Weekly: Feel free to skip this one

Here we go, last transfer! I'm sad to say that my son Elder Bradford won't be killing me. He is transferring and I'm staying here in Hibarigaoka. I'm will miss Bradford, we've had some good times! My new companion will be a pretty young missionary Elder Murphy. I know nothing about him haha. Elder Millard is staying in the apartment and his new companion will be Elder Molen! Molen and I were companions in Yamate and he is one of my favorite companions. We get to be zone leaders together, I'm pretty excited. I'm really thankful I get to stay here with one of the best wards in the mission. 

It's kinda sad, this transfer we found some really cool people and they have just slowly disappeared. This last week I was on splits with Elder Millard we met this guy around our age named Takuma. He was down to just go check out the church with us right then. We gave him a "tour" (showed him the chapel and sat down and talked). We sang "I am a child of God" and he joined in with us. We taught a super simple and short lesson about God and what we do as missionaries. Honestly it was a pretty perfect lesson. He was way down to meet again when he left, we exchanged info. Then a couple days ago sent us a text saying he won't meet with us again. I don't really get it... The only person that has really stuck around is Kurenuma.

Kurenuma really seems to be progressing. He actually bailed on our lesson this last Saturday though because he had a headache. It was pretty disappointing because we were already there waiting for him with a member. An hour later we were walking and saw him on his bike riding to the church. He figured out Bradford is transferring and hustled to the church to see him, not knowing that transfers aren't until Thursday. So we ended up going back to the church to have a lesson. We recently realized he has been waiting for something glorious from God telling him that he should be baptized, like a vision or dream. We thought it got cleared up last week but I guess it didn't quite stick. We talked a lot about how the Spirit works, how God communicates with us and the importance of knowing if the Book of Mormon is true or not. As Bradford shared his simple testimony of the BoM, Kurenuma said he feels like it is true. He said he feels like God is trying to tell him it's true. We read some scriptures about baptism and he said he wants to go for it! So he is on date for the 10th of next month. We are going to have to really work with him and help him feel more prepared. Pretty excited for him though! 

This last Sunday they had the primary (kids) program and I really felt spirit. Kids are honestly so special, I'm excited to spend time with the little ones in the family: Kennedy, Pearl, Ashton, & London. Love you four! I'm excited to see you in a month :)

Love you guys <3


1. Last district meeting

2. 😤

3. MLC

4. The AP's sent this out to the whole mission... lol

5. God's plan for us, the Plan of Salvation

6. Throwback to TimTam Slams last week

No comments:

Post a Comment