Tuesday, November 29, 2016

2 More Weeks!

Dang time is short... lots of mixed feelings. I'm going to do some shopping today, P-day time has to be used very carefully now haha. This last week was great! Kurenuma took some huge steps. I've seen some amazing growth with him. I really think he'll be baptized on the 10th! For the first time we visited his apartment.  He was a lot more open and relaxed while talking there. He told us he is a little scared to be baptized because of how serious of a commitment it is. We talked about the sacrament and our opportunity to make things right again even after baptism. We really focused on the gift of the Holy Ghost and the guidance and help it will give. We showed him a card with the blessings of baptism (I'll send it). He said he really just wants to follow Christ's example and become a cleaner person. I really felt the Spirit when he said that. He said an awesome prayer as well and afterwords, for the first time, he said he felt the Spirit! Next day we had a lesson with him and Bro Suzuki, day after that he came to church, then last night we went to an event in Kichijoji. He showed up an hour late because of work... but it was still a great experience for him. There was an older lady named Michiko there who is getting baptized this Saturday. Talk about a golden investigator, she's amazing. I introduce her to Kurenuma and got them talking. She realized he is preparing to be baptized soon and must have known he needed some encouragement and help. Next thing I know she is just holding and shaking his hands over my lap saying, "We can do this together! Come to my baptism! You are so awesome, you can do it! First I will do it this week, then you do it the next! I had a baptismal date, then realized that baptism will bring me closer to God and Christ so I decided to do it sooner!" Man what an example for Kurenuma. This lady just makes everyone around her happy and smile. On the way home Kurenuma said that he doesn't feel worried and feels prepared for baptism. (first time hearing that as well~~ had to have been Michiko's influence) It's crazy how much we can strengthen those around us with love and positivity.

Speaking of Michiko, we felt like we should go the opposite way coming out of the apartment earlier in the week and eventually we were led to a small apartment complex. There wasn't many people there but one man, Takuma, opened the door to us and was excited to see us. Turns out he used to meet with missionaries years ago and Elder Millard had called him just a few days before. We gave him a pamphlet, he read it and the other Elders are in touch with him! The odds of us running into that dude are way low and we just picked the right apartment by chance? I don't think so. Then downstairs from Takuma an older lady, Michiko, cracked the door but kept it latched. She said, "sorry let me unlock it, didn't know if I could trust you but I can tell by looking at you you're good people." She turns out to be one of the nicest lady's I have ever met. You can't deny that Japanese people are some of the nicest in the world. We taught her a lesson and she knows a ton about Christianity! She kept going off about how she believes that someone made us. It was awesome to introduce more about the being to her. She agreed to meet again but wouldn't let me get her number to give to the sisters. She noticed the disappointment and said that we could set a time. She ended up coming to the church the next day and I got to sit in on some of the amazing lesson the sisters had with her. Both of them met in that small apartment. That's the third investigator we have found for them this transfer. The other two are looking way solid, one of which, Hiro, is getting baptized with Kurenuma on the 10th! 

Now looking back on it, we saw some amazing things happen this week. I don't know if you remember hearing about Yuta but we lost contact with him. He doesn't check his Facebook enough. I really regretted forgetting to give him a Book of Mormon last time we met and it was looking like we would never see him again. Elder Molen and I had to go to Tokorozawa for a district meeting, while walking up the stairs to the station I saw Yuta! He was going to Tokorozawa too so we talked to him the whole way and got him a Book of Mormon. He has been better about answering us on FB after that. I can't explain how much of a "coincidence" that is.

Thanksgiving was honestly the lamest one I have ever had... haha. We didn't do anything, just felt like a normal day. EXCEPT members had us over for awesome meals Wednesday and Thursday night. I'll send pics! Love you guys and can't wait to see y'all! 

1. Dinner w/ Uemura's!

2. Dinner w/ Aoki's! 

3. Today at the temple

4. Murph & I

5. Just a normal night on conference call

6. So we go to a bomb Ramen place here but it's closed. The owner sees us and opens it back up for us!! We couldn't believe it, he's so nice. He doesn't need the money, there is always a line of like 20 people outside. He just wanted to be nice :)

7. I'm gonna miss the food here

8. Millard is something else lol

9. Oh Japan...

10. Blessings of baptism

11. I've missed snow

No comments:

Post a Comment