Sunday, May 29, 2016

Karrrma

It's happening.. I'm finally leaving Yamate. I will have to visit here again someday. I love this place so much. The ward is some of the most amazing people I have met in my life and I had the awesome opportunity to meet and see Nakamura and Motoki get baptized. Also I got to be a part of Motoki's confirmation this last Sunday, which was so special. He will be getting the Priesthood next week! I don't think any area will top this one for the rest of my mission but I am going to a pretty cool place called Hachioji. I'll be a zone leader with Elder Cook, who is just a legendary missionary. I have so much to learn from him, so I'm stoked. Though I'm also a little nervous, we are super different haha. I already know this is going to be the hardest I have ever worked. He is known for going super hard and it's his last transfer!

So remember when Elder Molen got a bag stuck in his front tire and flipped over the handlebars and I couldn't stop laughing a few weeks ago? Well Karma paid me a nice visit in the EXACT same place on the way to church this last week. I was in front of him and I really have no idea how but I lost control and over corrected. My wheel turned perpendicular to the direction I was going and I just went flying over the handlebars, hit the road and apparently rolled a few times. Elder Molen was close behind me and slammed on his front brake trying to avoid running me over. So he did a nice super man over his handlebars. I wish I had a video. Somehow through all of this neither of us were hurt. My legs now have all kinds of rainbow bruises and my hand got scraped, but otherwise we are completely fine. I'm sure God was looking over us on that one.

Other than that we met with Roger last Monday. Man he has got some crazy stuff going on. (Don't put this on the blog Nance) he has lived here for quite a while and feels like he has been here long enough to "see the side of them (Japanese people) that they don't want us to see." He told us a crazy story about how he almost died due to an uncalled for scuffle with the cops. People here already stare at us but when talking with a loud black guy it's on another level. Since he is positive there are people here trying to kill him (he said he has enough evidence to know it), he is very on edge. So he thinks anyone that stares has heard and believes the rumors about him. He was talking about how everyone was mean mugging him and right then a guy did it so he just called the guy out wayy hard and pointed at him saying, "he just did it! Yeah that's right! You!" Haha He is an amazing guy though and we are way tight. I love him and feel bad he is so worried about those around him. He talked to us about how our foundation can't be based on beliefs. I think that is true to an extent. Though we had the mutual agreement that we need to test a belief before we can decide if it can be a proper foundation. So we talked about the Book of Mormon and how we test if it's true by asking our Father in Heaven. He took that very seriously and said he would read and pray about it. We will see him again tonight. I am hoping he followed through!

1. Gonna miss this place

2. The eternal bro, Motoki, swaggin out at English class


3. Couldn't keep a straight face


4. Zone meeting


5. Gettin Hyphy

6. Right after the wreck lolz


7. The basketball activity this last week


8. Wasn't a lot of people there haha


9. Giant dog, pics don't do justice

No comments:

Post a Comment