Monday, June 6, 2016

Hachioji!

I am exhausted. I was right, this transfer will be the hardest I have worked. It's amazing though. We have already been seeing miracles here in Hachioji. My companion Elder Cook is amazing, just such a hard worker. I'm just trying to figure out how I can get everything I can from him this transfer. I can't really sit still without falling asleep lately though haha.

Leaving Yamate was hard. Especially saying goodbye to Motoki. I said goodbye to him Wednesday night but he wanted to see me again so he came to the station to see me off. Then he decided he wanted to ride with me some of the way so we rode the train together. I love him soo much. He wrote me one of the nicest things I have ever received with a picture. I read it after he got off the train and started crying a bit. Can't wait to see him again. He should have gotten the Priesthood this last Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if he serves a mission in a year and becomes a church leader in the future. He has been starting his days with a prayer of thanks, reading scriptures, praying throughout the day and repenting every night. Far better than I was before I left for a mission. If he can do it starting from a non-Christian background less than two months ago...none of us have any excuses not to be doing those daily things.

Before I left I did a lot of contracting with all of the people I met in Yamate and was SUPER successful. Hopefully I got those people committed to meeting Elder Nagano (my trainer and replacement) and Molen. One of those people was Ken Kimura! We finally met again and Motoki came to the lesson and testified to him way hard. I think he helped Ken a ton. Motoki is dying to help us teach others and get his family involved, it's amazing. One of the other people was the Ugandan friend Elder Boody and I met Mark. I guess he finally got back from his trip to Dubai so hopefully they can start meeting with him now.

So Elder Cook actually wasn't in Hachioji before I came so we "white washed" into this area. Meaning that both people from the companionship before us left and we replaced them. It's been kinda hard because we basically don't have any investigators... Although right when we exited the apartment after we got here there was a kid right outside the door that said hi and we ended up having an hour long convo and got his info. Way cool kid but kind of a punk. He lives in our complex and he and his friends are always outside revving their scooters. They are like a little gang haha. #scootsquad I'll send a pic, his name is Shota

We met another guy that day around our age who is Chinese named Collin. Then he came to meet us on Saturday. He goes back to China soon but he is in a pretty hard time in his life and he is meeting with us "because he is lost and doesn't know what to do." We have just the antidote :)

Other than that we hit up the other areas for district meetings this last week. We took over a 1 1/2 hour long train to a place called Kofu, the furthest in our mission. That was fun, it's really close to Mt. Fuji and super rural, cool to see that. I haven't seen that kinda stuff in over a year. We are wayy busy though, I feel again that my mission has completely changed. Also 116 members came to church this last week, apparently that is sparse for here but that's way more than Yamate. I knew the members so well in Yamate, it will be a lot harder here. The ward seems really nice though, the bishop is amazing.

Love you guys <3

1. Shota and his friend. He is next to me!

2. One more dinner with the Barton's before we left Yamate!

3. Spent a lot of time trying to get ahold of our "investigators" that we have never met. It was.... Fun?

4. Sometimes this actually happens! Not to this extent though haha

No comments:

Post a Comment