Monday, May 23, 2016

Thanks Spam!

This last Sunday I got to baptize one of my best friends Motoki Maeda. I could go on and on about him but I don't have a lot of time. I will send pictures but I feel so lucky and blessed to have met him April 1st all because he was wearing a Spam shirt. It's the uniform for his restaurant but Elder Boody called out to him because of his shirt and he came out to talk to us. So we owe it all to Spam (and the Spirit lol). We sang the same song before his baptism that we sang to Bro Nakamura before we baptized him, "midaso (I'll find you) my friend." Such an amazing song, Motoki said it was his favorite part of the whole thing. Nakamura was there right next to him listening as well, it brought back memories for both of us. Motoki shared an amazing testimony of his conversion process. He shared Alma 32:18 and how he realized when we shared it that just because he doesn't understand or know something doesn't mean it can't be true. He talked about how excited he is to teach the gospel to his children as well and how he knew he needed baptism as soon as he thought about how everyone sins and how we need to correct our mistakes. Honestly a better testimony than a lot of the ones I hear from members. Such a special guy. I know we will be friends forever. Never did I ever think I would be able to meet and be a part of such a special dude's conversion. We share so many interests as well. Looking forward to being with him In UT this January. I know I was supposed to meet this kid, can't be denied. This Saturday we get transfer calls and I really don't want to leave but it seems likely. Motoki said he will miss me a ton if I leave. I told him we are eternal friends now so it's all good. He said, "No. Not friends, Brothers." That touched me, he really is family to me. I remembered one of my personal reasons for being here and that's to find eternal friends. Our rejoicing will be even more amplified in the presence of our Heavenly Father in heaven. All my friends that are reading this (all of you) need to know that I hope the same for you. I look forward to the day when we meet after my mission but even more so the day that we can be together in Celestial Glory. Please do the things necessary to get/stay worthy to do so. I love you guys.

I also love this ward so much. I can't imagine leaving. I love every single member here. They are great. The foreigners also spoil us so much, it's great. We had dinner with Jenny, the Bartons, Larsens, and later this week dinner with the Sorensons. They have been so great and given me a home away from home.

Last thing is last night Elder Molen and I were walking around freestyle rapping and in the rap I joked about calling out to a guy that was walking away from and had his back to us. I called out to him and to our surprise he turned right around. His name is Bing! We started talking and his family happen to come around the corner right then, they are all Chinese! He made a lot of uncomfortable but hilarious jokes about hooking us up with his daughters haha but he was way excited about the idea of us visiting their family and sharing a message. It was soo awesome, we found a family! Guess that's what happens when you talk to everyone.

Love you guys <3

1-4. Baptism Pics!!

5. Meat ball??

No comments:

Post a Comment