Tuesday, May 17, 2016

P!@$T1C B@G $W@G

Alright I got some miracles to share. All of which would not have been possible without the guidance of the Spirit. We were walking home Monday night with the other two Elders we live with in the rain. It was pretty close to 9 so we needed to hurry home to make curfew. There is no one outside during the rain here, especially at night but we saw a younger guy sitting on a chair, smoking & watching the rain. I was disappointed it was all four of us because it makes it weirder to stop and talk to someone. We turned the corner and kept walking. Right away I though, man we should talk to him and made about four different excuses each time followed by the same feeling that we should turn around. Once I felt it the 5th time I knew we had to go back.  It's kinda weird to just return back to a person like that, poke your head around the corner and say "hey let's talk!" But.... That's what we do! Haha. He turns out to be super chill and open. He talked about how he believes in God because he wants Him to be there. Then he asked us if he can join us for church! He didn't come this last week but we are currently talking on FB and hoping to meet soon. The idea to go back and talk with him did not come from me. I didn't want to go back so I wouldn't have created that idea. God is there and guides us through the Spirit.

Next one. I went to Kamiooka for splits with the zone leaders. As Elder Hilton and I were walking home we ran into a man who said he is from Palestine. His real name is Muhammad introduced himself as Mano because he is atheist. He wanted to argue the Bible and seemed to understand it completely differently than I have heard. He is basically very angry at God it there is one because of the things he and the Palestinians have been through. He eventually told us he could never find healing. We told him there is healing in Christ. He said that's not true, because he has tried by reading The Bible. We bluntly told him that's not how you find healing. It helps but we find it through utilizing Christ's atonement. We testified of the healing we have received through Christ from our mistakes and hard times. It got pretty intense and for the first time in the whole conversation he couldn't argue or answer. All he said back was, "where is your church, I want to visit sometime." I gave that guy the biggest hug. I know he felt the Spirit. I'm sorry but NO ONE can argue with love, testimony, and feelings of the Spirit. Christ is there, and therefore so is healing. He is waiting for you to take advantage of His atonement.

Remember that 63 year old black guy who thought we were racist and moved our bikes thinking he was going to steel them, then we became really good friends and he is super ripped? That happened maybe a month ago? Well.. Last night we saw him again. Finally got his name, Roger. We ended up having an amazing conversation about God. He was soo respectful, he would listen, genuinely think about what we said then share his thoughts. Just such a great experiences teaching him about why we go through trials in this life. The conversation got cut short so we set up an appointment for next Monday night! This was all after a rough time of knocking doors where not a single person talked with us. It was supposed to happen though so we could meet Roger again. Look back at your life and the times God may have protected, guided, or helped. Especially through your harder times. I love my Father in Heaven.

After much thought and prayer Motoki finally decided who he wants me to baptize him and I get to do it! I wanted a member to do it but I can't tell him no. I'm excited for this Sunday :) Looks like he has pretty much decided to completely change his life plans and head over to BYU's language learning school this January about a month after I get home!! So some of you will get to meet this amazing guy. Stay tuned for more news with that next week :)

Love you guys

Spackman 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment