Monday, May 9, 2016

Golden Week

Hey Guys!

This last week was golden week here in Japan which is one of the few holidays Japanese people get off work for basically the whole week. Since there is always a ton of people walking by the church on holidays the ward did another open house! This one was probably my favorite. I have been here for all three open houses: Christmas, Easter & Golden Week. We had a lot of help and the weather was really nice, so that was good!

We are still meeting with Motoki about every other day haha. Today we went to that awesome all you can eat, deep fry your own food restaurant together. I will send pics. Earlier in the week we taught him about the word of wisdom. He told us a couple weeks ago that he drinks about 5 cups of coffee a week. Though since he heard that day that we believe God has asked us not to drink coffee he decided to just quit then. He kind of forgot about it, but when we taught him this last week he realized he hadn't drank coffee for a week, and realized he doesn't even need it. So we didn't even have to ask him to stop, he just did it on his own! This kid is so in tune with the Spirit, it's amazing.

We decided based off how well he is doing that we could teach him the law of chastity & tithing and fasting. He is stoked to pay his tithing to help build up God's kingdom and totally supports keeping the law of chastity. Only problem though... He never has work on Sunday's but OF COURSE his boss needs him to work on the one Sunday we planned on having the baptism, the 15th.. So Motoki fasted and prayed with us that we could see a miracle and he could get work off the 15th! I swear this kid's faith might be stronger than mine. He reminds us to
pray like every night and prays when he wakes, before he eats, and before bed. Not only did he commit to keep all three of those commandments but we did his baptismal interview that day as well and slaughtered it! I got a video to share with him in it so check it out. We are hoping we can still do the baptism next Sunday but if not, the week after that. So excited.

Other than that just the typical stuff. We had met another guy on the street that seemed to be ok but he ended up showing up to the church, interrupting our lesson and later asking for money. I can't get away from these crazies!

I have really learned to love being a missionary, it took me a while to really feel it but I do now. There are hard times buts it's worth it. One thing that came up during the Word of Wisdom lesson is a little bit about my past. I talked to Motoki about where I was in my life before and how lucky I feel to have gotten away from some of my previous actions. There is not a week that goes by that I don't think about all of your help & examples in guiding me to where I am now. Especially you mom. I've got a long ways to go, but I am lucky to be where I am. There is hope for anyone.

Love all of you and don't miss out on entertainment below!

1. Today with the district and Motoki!

2. Got a chance to go to Motoki's Okinawan restaurant with Boody who was with me when we first met Motoki! 
(Check Motoki's feet)

3. At the restaurant today they had a strawberry special with all kinds of deserts and a strawberry chocolate fountain <3

4. Another one from the restaurant

5. I think I have a pill problem...

6. We found a place that gives us Tonkatsu (fried pork), karage (friend chicken), large rice & mashed potatoes all for 8 bucks!!!!

7. Gotta love sushi

8. MOTOKI!!!!

9. We were chillin in the clinic, just the two of us

No comments:

Post a Comment