Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Sorry I forgot to send this!

Transfer calls came! I'm..... STAYING in Yamate! :) My companion is leaving and I still don't know my companion because I'll be getting a brand new missionary. Don't know what to think because I am pretty shocked, excited, but overwhelmed. Not to mention this will be my first transfer being district leader...

This week was good. Not a lot to report... We hadn't seen a member here in months and so we tried to visit him. He didn't answer, we left but he called us asking if we visited him and told us to come back. He assumed it was either a salesman or the missionaries haha. Man he has been through sooo much. He got baptized a couple years ago, wife had an affair, they divorced, and she took the kids to America. He rarely gets to talk to them. He also just learned his dad probably has cancer and he may need to take over the family business. His brother can't because he has been an alcoholic for years and isn't ok mentally now because of it. Guys there is a reason God has asked us to avoid certain substances! So sad. Despite all of this our friend's faith is impeccable. He is always praying and reading scriptures searching for answers. Just can't come to church because he is a house music DJ and his weekends are packed. Anyways, he asked for a blessing which I was able to give. Hopefully we can support him through this hard time.

We met with our friend Ken Kimura this last week with one of my favorite members here, Daiki. Daiki is going to be such a good missionary, he helped us a ton. We are a little worried about Ken, he simply can't understand anything we teach. We read the first three verses of the BoM and even after thirty minutes of explanation he couldn't get anything. It's really hard. He's a great friend though, we are working on a solution.

We also saw Santos, our Indo Curry friend a few times. One time we walked by his shop and he came out and stop us to ask what "apostasy" means. He read the whole pamphlet we gave him. It's hard because he speaks Nepalis, but we don't have materials in that language. Working on it. He is so chill though!

Other than that Hawkins and I hit an apartment here pretty hard. Within two days we found 4 new people on 2 floors. One of which is a kid our age, who said right away that he is interested. We were able to teach the plan of salvation and introduce baptism. Way sick kid!

I was thinking this week about how lucky I am. A healthy family who are all strong in their faith as well as close friends who have always been there and shown tremendous examples to me. I'm so dang blessed. I look back at some of the routes I had started to take and can't believe I was able to make my way back to the right one thanks to all of your help. No matter who you are or what route you may be on, there is always a way back to your Heavenly Father. The right way, a happier way, an eternal way. You just gotta look for it.

I love all of you.

Pics:
We went to the top of Landmark tower, one of the coolest things I have ever done! Also did a trash collecting service project as a district, got soo much.








No comments:

Post a Comment