Sunday, March 27, 2016

Hello....

Hey guys!

I remember back when I read missionaries' emails who were in the second half of there mission realizing their emails got a lot more boring. I promised myself at that point to continue to try and write interesting emails.... Now that I am in that position it's a lot harder... Haha I don't really feel like writing them anymore, but I will... I don't know if anyone (other than family) reads these anymore, if you do, thank you.

This week was spent mostly at the church running the open house. It felt kind of like a waste of time for a lot of it. Though there were some good experiences. A man came in that had previously met a Mormon in Utah who gave him a ride as he was hitchhiking to every state in the U.S. The Mormon asked if she could give him a Book of Mormon, but didn't have one, so she gave him a pamphlet. Now maybe 10's of years later he finally got a Book of Mormon! Hopefully we see him again someday.

Since it's my first time being District Leader we went to a leader training at the mission office, they asked me to do a training though? Haha I said, aren't I the one that's supposed to be trained? It went really well though!

We had dinner with an American family here, the Larsons. I love the foreigner families here, they spoil us so much. They had a non member around our age over there so we were able to meet with and teach him! We invited him to find missionaries when he goes back to America.

We met with our friend Alec from China. He speaks Korean, English, Chinese & Japanese. It's crazy! He is great though. We read some of the Book of Mormon with him and eventually challenged him to be baptized. He said that he wasn't sure yet. It was a bomb lesson though. He's our most promising guy right now. The work has been kinda rough lately, so I don't have much else to say. We gotta find some more people!!

Not sure why but today I miss you guys a ton! ... Wayyy too early to start getting trunky though haha. Love all of you! <3

Pics!

1. Matching on Easter with one of my favorite members here, Omine


2. The dinner with the Larsons I talked about


3 & 4. Open house!

No comments:

Post a Comment