Monday, March 14, 2016

Picked up my son!

No idea where to start with this... I suddenly don't ever have time to write in my journal so it's hard to remember what happened this last week. Everything has completely changed now that I am DL & training a bean. I don't think I have ever had this much fun though. My companion is Elder Schreiber from Logan, UT! It's not his first time in Japan so most things I show him are not his first time. He didn't study Japanese while he was here, but for some reason is insanely good from studying in the MTC. He is the one teaching me new words sometimes! It's crazy. He is a hard worker, outgoing, optimistic and has a great testimony. I'm pretty stoked!

This last week may have been my hardest working week and it paid off, we made a lot of friends! One of the days we just went hard trying to approach anyone we saw, not just the people that happened to walked by us. Two guys around our age talked to us for quite a while and the four of us our like best friends now. They couldn't stop freaking out about how big and cool our noses are. I asked if he wants to touch mine. He reached out and I smacked his hand and told him no. They couldn't stop laughing. We are hanging out with him this week. His name is Taka.

Really not a lot else to report. We haven't been able to meet with people lately. Nakamura is really struggling right now and suffers from some depression. He is kinda pushing me away right now because he wants space and time.. We just want to help but there isn't much we can do but pray and love him right now.

So our Indo curry friend, Santos is doing sooo great. We went to visit him one day and he told us to come back at his break. When we came back he closed the shop & let us inside. He then gave us free drinks and we had such a good lesson! He asked us why we are here on earth. We gave him a run down of pretty much everything and he understood it all! He prayed and said he wants to follow Jesus Christ's teachings. The sad news is he lives in Tokyo and only comes here for work. Also since his dad finally came back he won't be working as much and we
won't be able to see him much. We will get him hooked up with the Tokyo elders.

Anyways just having a blast out here with this new missionary, in my favorite area, with an awesome district. As you will see in the pictures we now have two Japanese sisters in Yamate and they are soo funny haha.

Pics!


1. Me and my son before he king sized at Sukiya (I did the same thing my first week here)


2. Doing it one time was good enough for me but not for these guys!

3. The new district!

4. We went to a park that has a really old horse racing stadium. It looks so dope, pics don't do justice, but look at the growth along the walls! Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment