Monday, February 29, 2016

1 year mark in Japan!

Hey guys!! Believe it or not I had a pretty normal uneventful week. Well I guess uneventful weeks aren't normal anymore though...

There is a lady that comes to our English class every week from Taiwan, named Yukiko Sato, though she has us call her Maki's mom haha. One of the nicest ladies I have ever met. She came to church last week and gave me a sweater she had bought for her son that was too big, it's a really nice sweater too. She became one of the sister's investigators and has been killing it. We talked about her a lot at district meeting and I have just been so excited about her progression. I have talked to her about church stuff in the past but after English class this last time I just went hard and taught her a whole lesson about prayer and we read a lot of scriptures together. She is soo great. I was tearing up talking and testifying to her, I just feel a ton of love for her! The next day the sisters challenged her to a baptismal date. She declined... For a great reason. For her, family is more important than anything. She wants to get baptized but doesn't want to abandon her family. She wants them to get baptized too, she thinks she would feel guilty going to heaven without them. She said she would rather have less happiness to be able to stay with her family than to be without them in Heaven. What a legit concern! Though as God has promised, every single person will get a fair chance to follow Christ whether in this life or the next. As soon as she realizes that she can be an example to them for when they have their chance I see her getting baptized pretty quickly. She later took all the missionaries out to a thing called Shabyu-yo, hard to explain but it's all you can eat everything thrown into this bomb stew. She ended up paying for all of us missionaries. I felt so bad, but she was really happy she could do something for us. Just a great lady.

This week is transfer calls, I really don't want to leave, this is my favorite area so far. I would be cool with staying here the rest of my mission haha.

Today I got to chill with two of my favorite people in Japan, Ishii and Kohei from Atsugi. Kohei has kinda stopped meeting with the missionaries but I had a good talk with him about church and hope to talk with him more to get him back on track. If I could see anyone get baptized it would be him, love that kid so much. Just out here tryna make eternal friends :) We all went bowling and took Purikura pictures (photo booth). Made me so happy to see them!

Other than that Ken came to church yesterday! We have had an insanely hard time trying to meet with him, so we will have to cancel his baptism this week. He just isn't ready yet. It will take some time to get him ready but I am confident he will get there someday. He just can't understand or remember anything we teach, really hard. Love him a ton though. We also met a kid from Nepal who works at his dad's Indian Curry restaurant. His name is Santos. He asked for an English church flyer so we went back and gave him one. Yesterday we walked by the restaurant and he hustled outside so he could talk to us. He has read some of the pamphlet and said he believes it. He has since been texting us words that are hard to understand. He said once work slows down in a couple weeks we can start meeting :)

Sorry kind of a boring email, but I love and miss you guys!

Spackman 長老

Pictures

1. Dinner with Maki's Mom! (Yukiko Sato)

2. Bowling with Kohei and Ishii! I had the best score of anyone, both games... Nbd

3. Purikura!! Lol


4. Some random guy who came up to Elder Boody and started whispering about how tall I am, I asked if he wanted a picture haha

No comments:

Post a Comment