Monday, February 8, 2016

Crazies & Happy Chinese New Year!

Hey guys :)

So I thought I had gotten away from crazies on my mission but this week proved me wrong. I seriously can't figure out why they are so many insane people in Japan... This week was kinda hard, just wasn't able to get a ton done, but definitely got some good stories from the week. I'll tell a few but first just to let you know Nakamura is doing awesome, we still meet with him weekly, he's doing so great. Also we are still meeting with Ken Kimura & Shintaro who both have baptismal dates. I'm a little worried if it will actually happen just because they both have slight mental problems... Though their problems are opposite. Ken is super cool and normal but can't remember a thing we teach and can't understand much. Shintaro on the other hand is nuts but is actually pretty smart. We will see...

So this week I sent out a mass text to all our unknown contacts. All kinds of answers came, but one person spoke in English and seemed nice, his name was Shinji. He lives a little under an hour away and was surprised we had his number. He told me he is famous amongst missionaries (either a really good or really bad thing). The next day we have a lesson with Shintaro, which are always pretty weird, he creeps me out and says some weird stuff as you will hear later. Our bishop was there in the lesson too. (btw the bishop came into a room we were in after church and just gave me a random 15 minute back rub... Felt really good, but kinda weird).... Anyways I had been ignoring our buzzing phone through the whole lesson but all of a sudden a head pops up in the window. It was a middle aged man just staring and smiling creepily and pointing at me. I just had a way bad feeling, and assumed it was just some crazy that came into the church. Bishop asks if I know him, I say no, he goes out side. Bishop comes back and says it's a man that said he was messaging us, from Hachioji. I realized it must be Shinji but also knew he must be insane so I though I could play dumb but then bishop said his name... I knew I had to face the situation at that point.. We kinda told Shinji we are busy, then he got frustrated and left. I look at my phone afterwards and he had sent two texts, "I'm now at Yamate for some reason. ;) where is your church?" Then another after he had found the church then left angrily, in all caps cussing me out... I won't lie I got a little scared being in the church after that. Sent him an a apology for not knowing he was going to randomly show up to the church and expect to talk to us... Dude is crazy.

Then at church yesterday we had 3 crazy people show up. We kinda take care of them during church, definitely a burden, pretty entertaining though. During the last hour of church we split in different rooms to teach them. We talked to Ken. The other Elders talked to one of their crazy investigators as well as ours, Shintaro. They talked about Jesus but I guess Shintaro came out of that thinking he is the Savior, that he is Jesus Christ... We asked him afterwards if that's what he thinks and he says he isn't sure yet but that he probably is... An Elder I live with, Elder Boody and I just couldn't stop laughing. Shintaro also writes us these papers of his thoughts that say some way weird stuff. He gives us like 5 papers every time we see him.. I'll send pics sometime.

After church though we went to the Laursens to celebrate Chinese New Year. A few Japanese members came. One brought her British friend. Some of the Pilipino members came. Nakamura also came and went HARD on the food, he eats like 2 Elders worth of food, crazy. In the end we had about 17 people there from 6 different countries speaking 3 different languages. It was way crazy. Just a super interesting week... Hopefully we can get back to working with normal people soon. Still loving life out here though!

Love you guys!

Pics & Vids

1. Eminem?..(MM)..Mormon Mafia?


2. Happy Chinese New Year!


3. Went to Chinatown today which is in Yamate area


4. Blood drippin ducks...


5. Really old school Jaguar, the guys inside looked like old school mafia


6. And the craziness continues here in Japan...


7. Kid goin hard at the park, he was doing this for hours tryna get it right


8. some Indian store in Chinatown

No comments:

Post a Comment