Monday, December 28, 2015

Talked to the fam. for Christmas

So I talked to the fam for Christmas, which was sooo good. Sometimes it's hard to feel like yourself when you are in Japan with no one who really knows you that well... But talking to my family I really just felt like myself again. Made me realize I haven't really changed that much but I do feel like I have become a better person. It was nice to take a look at myself, and my family is doing a really good job of inviting others to experience the same joys they have through this gospel! It was cool to hear their experiences.

On Christmas we also made some PB rice crispies for some friends in the ward that feed us a lot and take good care of us. One of which is the Larsen family, they actually had us over for Christmas dinner! BIG sacrifice for them. Ham, stuffing, and all kinds of good desserts! Yamate is really the best place to be for the holidays. This last week we did church open houses for 5 days straight. It was kinda rough but a good opportunity to help change people's negative images of church and share gospel principles. 

Keiji Nakamura is doing super well. He got sick this week and is working a night job right now. He still came to all three hours of church to learn, while sick and interrupting his sleep. Such a boss, he is praying and reading scriptures as well. He prayed to know if the things we have been teaching are true and felt super good. He told us he has anxiety when he doesn't pray and feels good when he does. We have told him it is the spirit of God but it's hard for him to admit. He is on his way though :)

This week in the same apartment we have been finding people for weeks, including Nakamura, we found an older lady who loves hymns. We sang Joy to the World together and she said she would be willing to meet with the sister missionaries so we are sending them over. Last night we found some more people that were down to meet again. That apartment is just so money. 

Last thing. I've said it a lot, but I know what I am sharing with people here in Japan is true. For any single one of you who feels like you can/have trusted anything I have said... Trust me on this more than anything else, because I don't know if I have known something to be more true. God lives, loves you and wants you to be happy and become like Him. He has prepared the way through Jesus Christ. It's there for the taking. The rest is up to you.

Love you guys

1. Guess who showed up to the open house out of nowhere... Bro. Fukuoka from Atsugi! Crazy to see him again, he is going to Seattle on his mission soon.
2. Some more of that amazing food made by my companion, Fajita
3. からげ really good deep friend chicken
4. Orange chicken that's just like Panda Express <3

No comments:

Post a Comment