Monday, December 7, 2015

#ASaviorIsBorn

If you guys don't read or look at anything else watch this video! I posted it on Facebook recently but I want every last one of you to see it. Check it:

Or

It really breaks it down so simple. "If you let Him. If you love Him. If you follow Him." Christ has done it all and continues to give us everything we need if we let, love and follow him. Show this to your friends. Post it on social network. I'm really stoked about the video and have decided to push myself to show it to as many people as I can.

We found a recently renovated apartment and we haven't gotten done with one floor after going there three different times, because people are actually talking to us! Our first day we were able to talk face to face with 6 people, 4 of them are now potential investigators, 2 we were able to teach a real lesson and 2 became investigators. Percentages of people who have even heard of Mormons is pretty low. So it's crazy just on that one floor we found 1 less active member, Murakami and a previous investigator of three years ago who is in middle aged, Nakamura. The next day Nakamura came to English class and we set up a meeting with him. Now we are meeting twice a week teaching him English and Gospel stuff. He prayed and really enjoyed it. So he is on his way. Get this, he wants to work on understanding song lyrics and basketball terms... He found the right guy talking to me haha. We are also trying to help the less active find Christ again. Lastly an 87 year old man Hosokawa. He speaks English to us and we speak Japanese to him, pretty funny but he is the nicest old man I have ever met. I just wanna hug him but he is very Japanese so he won't haha. He told us yesterday that he didn't want to talk about the after life because it makes him sad thinking about the friends he saw die in WW2. He talked about 1941 (Pearl Harbor) and how he feels like he made a mistake. He would have been 13 at the time, but he has said that he went to war. I have heard young boys like him were sent to serve during that time. It really sounds like he was part of Pearl Harbor and really regrets doing it because of the atomic bombs that followed. Really crazy stuff. He feels really bad about it. We are trying with him.

Here's the funny stories for the week. Elder Gailey and I got home before the other Elders and waited in their room to scare them. Gailey was under the study table. When he popped his head out he scared Elder Terry really bad. From a 3rd person perspective it was hilarious. Terry freaked out he kicked Gailey straight in the face pretty hard haha. Bloody nose and lip hahaha. Terry felt so terrible but I just cracked up. Next one, we went on splits in Kamiooka and I was with a friend of mine Elder Young and we held giant cardboard signs that looked liked Books of Mormon at an intersection. We had some fun dancing around. This old lady saw me across the street and started dancing back haha. She then crossed and we said hi. Turned out she was pretty crazy she said, "I love English, in fact I love everything." She got really close to Elder Young and reached for a not very nice area and said "I like boys too" He used his Book of Mormon sign to protect himself as he stepped away. Then she quickly approached me, reach for the same spot on me, I did the same as Elder Young. Then she went behind me and started touching my butt and I kinda ran away. Hahaha we were so uncomfortable and laughing uncontrollably because she was just a mentally handicapped old lady, what do you do?... Hahaha

I went on another split recently in Kamiooka and we saw a baptism. I felt the Spirit really strong, especially as I skyped in a return missionary who found and taught the girl being baptized back when she was a missionary. The joy I saw in her face as she watched her friend make that decision to follow Christ really hit me. I don't know any other church where people feel the joy we do watching others (especially friends we have helped) follow Christ with Baptism. Really made me want to find and help those people to experience the same joy that return missionary on Skype did. 

So we got a call from the cops a couple days ago around 6 pm. An insane friend of ours Crazy Ken had been caught riding a bike that wasn't registered under he name and the cops needed someone to sign for him to be released so they didn't need to take him back to the station. So because he doesn't really have other friends... he had them call us. So we had to go to the church and sort it out. 3 cops came and I tried to teach them the restoration of the church haha. Basically the cops told us they need us to sign saying that we will teach Ken to be better and improve his life. We were like well, of course we can, that's our purpose as missionaries, but we were scared we would be responsible for him, we sorted it out and taught him how to pray and stuff. Don't think he is sane enough to teach though. 

Speaking of Ken's... Ken Kimura, Our normal friend who we taught a while back and he was interested in baptism but we were nervous we gave him too much at once and scared him, then we lost contact? Well he hit us up finally and apologized for being busy. So he is still on board sounds like!! :) Also a kid named Kosuke came to church this last week because he needs to do a college paper on another religion. He choose a Mormon church because he has been to temples in America. He lived in Idaho at a young age and went to high school in Phoenix area (decent amount of connections there). In high school he knew a lot of Mormons and thought they were some of the best people he had ever met. This was his first time at church but he loved it. At the end of church during class bishop started asking him questions. Then Kosuke asked the ward why they joined the church. 5 different people stood up for the rest of the meeting and told their conversion story and testified. He was pretty blown away. All of you, the things you say and example you set has so much power. Always strive to stand as a follower of Christ and represent the church well. We have a large impact.

Lastly today I got to see Elder Busteed one more time before he goes home and also Ishii from Atsugi. Ishii cut my hair and actually did a really good job, I was shocked. We also ate a thing called かつ (katsu) one of my favorite foods here.

Love you guys <3

1. Our old friend Hosokawa, nicest old man. Love him. We are just so happy to be with him here.
  2. Awesome meal a Chinese member put on for us, CHEESECAKE INCLUDED
 
3. Kosuke! Kid that came to church. We should be able to start teaching him soon
 
4. Eatin Katsu with Ishii :) it was So Bomb. A lot of people say it's the best Katsu in the world.
 
5. Last time with the old Atsugi crew (Ishii, Busteed and I)

No comments:

Post a Comment