Monday, December 21, 2015

Nothing but good news & videos

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! I'm not sad to be in Japan this holiday season but please enjoy all the advantages of being in America with your family this Christmas. Remember the gravity of what it meant when Christ was born. Without a savior we wouldn't have a backspace, resurrection, eternal life or any way to be forgiven. Just darkness
after death. I'm thankful that's not the case.

This week I entered the second half of my mission. Really trying to improve and set some goals. The big one is just to use 100% of my time and in doing so improve my Japanese, read and learn a lot more. I just saw another missionary go home. I have now lived with 4 returning missionaries and living with another now. It makes me  kinda trunky haha.

Nakamura is still doing awesome. He met with Gailey and I, told us he got a different job that works nights. A miracle because it opened things up for him to come to church this last week. He is doing all the things needed to progress, CPR (Coming to church, Praying and Reading scriptures). I hope you are all CPR'ing. If not CTR and CPR. lol.... Cancel. He heard some great talks at church, a awesome lesson on the spirit and having real intent to receive answers. He said he would ask God if the Book of Mormon is true. The teacher Bro. Omine talked about an investigator he had on his mission who read the whole Book of Mormon and prayed really hard to know if it was true, but didn't get an answer. He was stumped because it is promised in Moroni 10 that anyone can get an answer if you read, ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon... Though the promise also says if you have "real intent." He talked about how real intent isn't just wanting to know, it's willing to change your life if you get an answer. Reminded me of my personal conversion. I changed my ways, kept the commandments for a week so that I could get an answer from God. I knew if I got that answer I would continue to live that way, it would forever change me and I would act on it. I had real intent and because of it I got my answer. God keeps His promises.

The other day Gailey had a young man in the ward, Daiki join us for some finding. We got a phone call from his mom when we got to the train station. She said he got in some trouble at school, all his friends got suspended but he didn't. He felt super guilty. She told us to talk to him about it but not say she called. Hard situation, Daiki didn't bring it up after we pried a little so we figured he didn't want to talk about it. We just had fun with him, ate pizza and went to a giant Toyota center. I will send pics. I got a chance to share the experience I did in the last paragraph, that helped me know if I needed to go on a mission. He seemed to really take it in. He has really been tight with all the missionaries lately and been trying to decide if he should serve. Then yesterday he came up to me and said he is going to go on a mission! I asked why and he said because of his experiences with the missionaries! Cool to be a part of that.

Our friend Ken Kimura that I was scared we freaked out with telling him too much at once, but he was really just busy and we managed to get back in touch with. We got to meet again. We talked about baptism again. He is so excited about the blessings he can get, it's so cool to watch. He just kept saying, "I really want to go to heaven." He prayed for the first time with us. Just really cool stuff going down with him. He would be down to get baptized now I feel like but we need to make sure he understands the commitment beforehand.

We had dinner with the Sorensons and the Laursons this last week, we get so spoiled by the American members here, it's crazy. Though the Japanese members are hooking it up too. We got some giant gift boxes from them for Christmas. It's overwhelming how many goodies we got. Family don't send packages if you haven't already! I don't need it haha. The last 4 days for most of the day we have been doing church open houses with the members. They are pretty fun. It's nice because people just come into the church and you just make friends and try to teach them something.

Other than that Elder Johnson is great so far. Things have been insanely busy since he got here, no time for anything. I've been eating like a king ever since he came though. His food is better than most restaurants. Makes me way happy haha.

Love you guys! Again, have a Merry Christmas.

1. Chillin in the Nissan GTR



2. Swaaaag

3. Yokohama city

4. The Nissan center, crazy lights on the first floor

5. Yeahhh... I have not words

6. The collection of goodies from the ward :)

7. We got bunk beds this week! Had a lot of fun opening the mattresses too lol

8. Eating probably one of the nastiest snacks there is

9-11. All of the great food I've been eating this week all made by my companion: Okonomiaki, Katsu, Mexican


No comments:

Post a Comment