Monday, May 4, 2015

Dat Weekly

I swear I have less and less to report every week... We are trying to find some new investigators right now. I dropped Jordan's baptism date. We can't ever catch him when he is home. Iwasawa is just the same as always, not really progressing. It's frustrating but not much we can do except work to find some new investigators and pray and do our best with the ones we have. I went on splits with the zone leader, Elder Lundburg, in Hibarigaoka. It was way fun and we worked hard. We also went out to Fussa for a district meeting. So rural out there, really weird, the train station doesn't even have anyone working out there. They just trust you to scan your card to be charged for the ride. Crazy how much they can trust people here. Breaking rules isn't even something that crosses most people's minds.

So ya splits was great. We visited a member who has been struggling lately. He was crying the whole time and we had a great lesson with him. We taught a ton of lessons to people on the street too. I felt the Spirit more that day than any other since I left the MTC. We went housing later that night and I practiced a written approach. It's way hard because you have to just belt out who you are, what you are doing, why it benefits them, and invite them to hear the message before they tell you no through their little voice box doorbell thing.

NOW funny stories!!

As we approached one door we must have been easily heard because a window opened. Right away I just see a man with his shirt off and wet hair. Then realize he has stepped out of the shower to open the window. He leaves the window open and steps back in the shower fully visible and we locked eyes. I stepped to the side real quick. We were laughing so hard and quickly ducked under the window and ran off, probably the funniest thing of this week. We also met this total hippie from Australia just traveling the world with his girlfriend from Holland. They were both soo chill and we started talking about missions. He was like "ah bro when you got your call and saw 'japan' were you just stoked or were you like ahhh **** " haha we both laughed way hard and I said it was a little bit of both.

Ok so here in Japan they have super nice toilets that have seat warmers, butt sprayers to clean, and blow dryers to dry off your butt afterwards. Though they also have these crap toilets called "squatters". I had my first experience with one this week. As missionaries we usually keep stuff in our shirt pockets. You definitely have to bend over to use these toilets they are basically a hole in the ground. Just check the picture. Anyways as I bent over my missionary handbook fell out on the toilet and it slid into the water. I was laughing so hard and I couldn't grab it right then cause I was busy. I had Inumaki come in to show him and moved a little... this toilet happened to be a sensor flush. So my handbook got soaked with water. There was a really important paper I needed in there, but I was not going to fish that thing out. Elder Inumaki didn't want to leave it so he pulled it out. Afterwords I had to get a picture. I was laughing way hard. Ended up ripping the important paper out which was soaked and packed it around with me for the next day of splits...

Oh man! I almost forgot. This week we saw the crazy guy who is in love with me. I see him at least once a week. It was a little later in the day and there was pretty much no one on the street. We walked into Seiyu (Walmart) and he was walking out. As soon as he saw us he literally fell down to the ground laughing with joy just cause he saw us. Man he must truly know what Ammon felt in Alma 27:16-19. (Looking forward to that moment with a lot of you after my work is done here) He came to Sunday morning Eikaiwa and church the next day. He may be too crazy to try and teach cause he doesn't stop laughing and talking but at least he is coming to church? Haha.

We went to a park further away.

Things are definitely getting hot here now. We played a lot of basketball Saturday. It was way fun but exhausting cause it's so warm. Sometimes I feel bipolar out here. One second I can't stop smiling and laughing, then next I am thinking about how much I miss America and how rough it is. It's all good though. Necessary struggles!

Love you, have a good week!

Spackman 長老

Pics
1. Probably my new favorite pic from the mission. There was a ton of people dressed like this at the park taking pics. So weird... These are all girls by the way. One is wearing a mask.

2. The location of the toilet incident, and my soaked handbook

3. This week is golden week in Japan. A week of off work. Like the only days Japanese people get off all year. They all just party hard. This was Costco today.. Soo packed. I loved it

4. Straight swaggin wit dat camo bucket hat

5-6. The district rocking da shades

No comments:

Post a Comment