Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tokorozawa to Atsugi

So I got transferred! I'm kinda indifferent about it.. Sad to not be with Inumaki and my way chill apartment anymore :/ I really learned a lot in Tokorozawa. It's crazy that all my experiences in Japan happened in Tokorozawa. They changed our transfer plans (not that I know any different) so we figure out on Saturday where we are going then we leave Mondays. That's why I am emailing on a Tuesday. We basically don't get a p day this week. So my new companion is Elder Brown from UT. As far as I know he is way chill and works hard. It's nice to be able to have any conversation I want, as he speaks English. I can already tell we are going to work hard. My experience last week (in my last email) came at a perfect time. Ready to go baby! From what I learned last night we have a way bomb investigator pool. Definitely a change from my last area where both of our investigators were a little shaky. Then Jordan moved and we dropped Iwasawa this last week.
So I'm now in Atsugi. It's a lot more rural out here, so there are rice fields and everything but then you have some pretty big towers close by? It's kinda weird/hard to explain. It's a lot more spread out and has more fields but also has some big city parts. It's way sick, reminds me of an American city, I already like it more than Tokorozawa. Haha. Transferring here was crazy.  It was a two hour train ride but I hopped on 5 different trains carrying my bike and some bags the whole time. Man we had so many crazy people in Tokorozawa... I continued to see the guy that is obsessed with me and my height at least twice a week. I am sending a video of him he's so ridiculous. We legit had about 5 absolutely insane people we would see on a regular basis, but I love them and for some reason feel like I will kinda miss them? 
This last week people in my room were still sick, so again there was a lot of hanging out around the apartment. Though we did have a lesson with our referral and it was good! He was very responsive and took everything in really well. He was drinking a beer the whole time and gave us green tea, it was funny. I hope that things go well with him in Tokorozawa, they have a lesson with him this week. Hopefully I'll get an update on him sometime in the future. We also had a basketball night and surprisingly a lot of people showed up, it was dope. 
Alright miracle time! I got a call from my ZL, Bates Saturday night. He asked me if I remembered the lady that Elder Lundberg (my other ZL) and I met while we were knocking doors on splits. At first I didn't, though as he told me I remembered. She listened to our message about Jesus Christ and seemed interested but we had a feeling that she may have been more into tall white men than she is in Jesus Lol. Though we were thankful we were able to share a message. I guess after I went back to Tokorozawa about a week later she called them up and they taught her a lesson and she felt the spirit super strongly. Apparently crying through the lesson. That alone is crazy enough, so rare in Japan. Here's the kicker, I was told she said she has never been religious but has always felt drawn to Jesus Christ and has been having dreams with him in it. In fact when we knocked on her door she was asleep and having a dream right then about Jesus and us knocking on her door was a sign to her we were sent from God. Whaaat?! Pretty wild. Hopefully things continue to go well there. 
To be honest I feel like I haven't seen a ton of fruits from my labors yet, that was one of the first ones. I remember at the end of the day after we met that lady, feeling relieved cause I did everything I thought God wanted me to, but when it was all said an done I still didn't have any new investigators nor had I seen anything way cool happen. I seem to feel that way a lot to be honest. Which means two things: 1. I need to work harder and try to notice God's blessings in my life more 2. The blessings just aren't as visible as I like them. Little did I know we had made a big impact on that woman and it was while we were knocking doors too! Knocking doors is so hard here which I won't even get into...
Here's what I am getting at...Sometimes we do everything we possibly can to receive more blessings but feel like we aren't getting anything from our work. Though I was thinking about it, if every time we did something good we saw a blessing exactly how we wanted it, it would all be too easy and this life's purpose wouldn't be fulfilled... We can't grow without struggles and trials of our faith. Is faith not hope for things which aren't seen? Do we stop doing the right things when the going gets rough or we don't see the big picture?
Just something to keep in mind... I don't have time to write anything else! Though I love you all!:)

Spackman 長老

Pics
1. Atsugi baby!!



No comments:

Post a Comment