Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Ogino Shintaro!!

I'll try to keep it short! Ogino Shintaro is now a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! He showed up at 7:30 in the morning and we had an awesome baptismal service. He slipped on the steps walking into the font and pretty much fell in haha. He was sooo nervous. He is a pretty quiet and serious guy. I said the baptismal prayer right and looked around before I dunked him to make sure it was ok, got the ok but as I was putting him under the water I realized I forgot to say, "Amen." So I threw it out there right before he went under lol. I think it counted but they made me do it again haha. He's such a great kid. In his testimony afterwards he talked about faith how cool he thinks it is and how he wants to continue to build up his faith. He knows his faith isn't super strong but he wanted to do what is right and felt like baptism is the way. Such a pure heart.

That Sunday after the baptism I can't even tell you how many people we ran into that we know. One of which was the man who Elder Cook and I owe everything to, who didn't stop going off about how we need to teach Trump, the White House & DC about the gospel. It was only because we were held up with him that we were able to ditch him mid convo because Elder Cook saw Shintaro. One of the people we met right after baptism became an instant new investigator. He asked us for contact info and to meet again. He was down when I told him what we're going to talk about. Literally next person we see is a kid we have been talking to named Yuusei. He is on the verge of investigating the church. Just way busy. Then this really blew our minds, next person we saw was our friend Milan from Nepal, similar situation.

We skyped with Hari from India again this last week. He's pretty much ready for baptism but lives 7 hours away from a church lol. Hopefully he just moves to America soon. That's what he wants.

Love all of you so much :) keep the commandments and remember your covenants

1. BAPTISM!

2. Ogino Shintaro

3. Us with a recent convert Choyo, he's Chinese and soo funny

4. Koki on the left, Maachi on the right. Sickest kids ever. They are are from Osaka and sooo outgoing and straightforward. People from Osaka are sooo cool, I really wanna go there someday.

5. Dat Beatle tho!

6. Man it's honestly worse than this but everyone in this pic is playing PokemonGo

7. I can't believe I saw this... I giant paper machete Trump... So bad

8. We had a talent show at the church, Choyo sung and um... well just watch. It was 5 minutes of this hahaha love him

No comments:

Post a Comment