Sunday, August 7, 2016

Guided Break-Ups

Kind of up and down week. We saw some amazing miracles but also had some set backs and trials. I was studying one morning when my iPad just turned off and didn't respond to anything! It showed no signs of life no matter what I did. I took it into the mission office and they called Apple. I guess there isn't anything that can be done, so I got a new iPad. Which is great except for the fact that I literally lost everything. All pictures, videos & notes. So sad. I had some awesome scripture journals and lists I had collected on my mission in my notes. Bummer. With all of that I lost my note with the email list for this weekly email. I went through and found the old list of who I sent it too and used that so maybe this is your first time hearing from me in a while. If you aren't about it, feel free to block me or something lol.

We traveled so much this week! In 4 days we went to Tokyo 3 times. Oh and then also we took our weekly trip out to Kofu the 5th day. Pretty exhausting. One of the times we went to Tokyo we went on splits with president's assistants. They are way sick, just such boss missionaries. During that time we had a conference call with all the zone leaders and sister training leaders in the mission. Here pretty soon one of the assistants will go home, so we know they will call a new one soon. We decided to trick the mission and I gave the introduction for the conference call. A few days later at the mission leadership conference people were tripping out thinking that I was the new assistant. Lolz

We saw a miracle this last week with a Chinese friend named Jack. We met him on transfer day like 4 weeks ago and since then have been struggling with him over Facebook. He just was way hard hearted and unwilling to meet with us. He was focused on studying Buddhism. We ran into him on the street with his girlfriend who is Buddhist and he did not want to talk to us at all. He was pretty rude actually. We invited him to dinner at a members house last night, he called us on Facebook and we happen to be with Choyo the Chinese recent convert who hopped on the call and convinced him, in Chinese, to come. He came, accepted a Book of Mormon and was just eating it all up (the food as well as the teachings... Get it? Lolz). Turns out him and his girlfriend broke up, he is really humbled and done studying Buddhism. We have a lesson set-up with him today! He should be at church next week too.

Another thing is I had the opportunity to give a priesthood blessing to one of my roommates this last week. Sorry if it's TMI but I discovered I have a hernia a few weeks ago and not even a week later he realized he had one too. So bizarre for us both to get one at the same time. Mine doesn't hurt and isn't serious, but his had gotten really big and had been hurting him a lot for a few days and it was looking like he would need surgery. If so, that would probably mean he has to go home early. I gave him a simple blessing for his health. By the end of the day it was gone and he's been fine since. I don't think any of us have realized how amazing of a miracle that was! The priesthood power is real. Miracles are still being performed to this day.

One last thing. We have had a lot of fruit flies in our apartment. We ignored it for a while thinking it was just a seasonal thing. They love our garbage. One time I replaced the garbage bag and saw in the bottom of the can what looked like little rice bits but we checked it and it was maggots! After that we started looking a bit more and noticed they were everywhere! We would notice one thing and it would lead our attention to another spot. One of those situations where it's so bad you just start laughing. The floor, wall, floor mat, etc. We just stopped everything we were doing and started cleaning. One of the grossest things I have experienced. Soo bad. Eventually we found the main nest area behind some doors leaned up against the wall. Just stacks of maggots and probably eggs. It's all cleaned up now but words can't explain how nasty it was lol.

Oh also my uncle, Doug hooked it up fat with a new friend that he met while he was working here in Hachioji and we are meeting him on Thursday! Hopefully we can teach him about Christ :)

Love you guys. Thanks for all your prayers and support <3
- Spackdaddy

1. We skyped Hari again this week, he is doing really well :)

2. picture I discovered from back when I was in Atsugi this time a year ago. I'm the one taking the pic with the iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment