Monday, August 29, 2016

Hibarigaoka

Man I was sad to leave Hachioji. The couple days before I left I was able to meet Shintaro, Keisuke & Tou (Jack)! It was way sad to say goodbye to them. I don't think they understand that we won't see each other for a long time, so they weren't as sad I don't think haha. Maybe I will see them soon though if I can make it to Jack's baptism.

So when we move areas we ship our bags but then carry our bikes in a bike bag and whatever else we have as we ride the trains to the new area. If you haven't heard Japanese summers can be pretty ridiculous. I was sweating pretty hard. I decided to take my backpack off and put it on the bag rack on the train. I started talking w/ some guy and got distracted with that and worrying about my bike. I've been so good about keeping track of my stuff here but forgot my backpack on the train... Tried to trace it down with one of the workers for over an hour and they couldn't find it.. I prayed hard multiple times that day because my iPad and lots of other important stuff was in there. I go back to the station the next day and BOOM they've got it! They found it after they did the nightly check of all the trains. This country is amazing, people never touch what isn't theirs and if they do its to find the owner, soo honest.

Although transferring was disappointing there isn't really a better place to transfer. The ward here is AMAZING! It might already be my favorite ward haha. Just tons of young families. I got here on Thursday and what seemed like the next day (Saturday) they had the annual summer party at the church and it was soo turnt! Best ward party I have ever seen, this ward is soo fun. A bunch of young, way chill, families. I really wanna work hard for them and find them some new friends for the members to welcome them in the Hibari family :)

We went to Tokorozawa for a district meeting this last week and boy was that weird. That was the first time I have ever been back to one of my previous areas. I hadn't been to Tomorozawa in a 1 1/2 years! So weird to be back. I honestly hated that place but I was happy to be there again, just so many memories. They are still working with Iwasawa who I worked with while I was there. He has defiantly been taking lessons for over 3 years. They have another baptismal date with him right now, he has had 5+ baptismal dates before. Hopefully they can get him really committed to it this time!

Btw my new companion is Elder Elsmore. He is a really young missionary but really great. Wayyy better than I was at that point in my mission. He is from Texas and speaks really slow... But it should be a great transfer. I talked about some typhoons last week but I recently heard they were all level 1... There is one coming in tomorrow and they said its gonna be a level 3-4?! Pretty nuts, I'm excited.

Short and lame letter, sorry, but I need to go! Love you guys

1. D Meeting in Tokorozawa

2. The Elder's I live with. Budge, Yoshikawa, me, Elsmore with some friends that I knew in Tokorozawa

3. Hari! We are still working with him. Elder Brown (my previous companion back in Atsugi is home now and he hopped in the call as a member. We hated each other but we are wayy chill now).

4. One of my Chinese friends from Hachioji, Li

5. The rest is pictures from the party, love this ward!




No comments:

Post a Comment