Sunday, June 12, 2016

元気?

Ayyye! I'm feeling a lot more awake this week! Just had to adjust to the new busy schedule. We had soo many things going down this week. I will send a picture of our schedule, it's nuts. I'm way sad about it but our mission president changes here pretty soon. We had our last mission leadership conference with him this last week. He is such an amazing man, I wouldn't be surprised if we will see him speak at general conference in the future. Randomly in the meeting President looked at Cook and me and said "I sent two new zone leaders to Machida, I want things to go higher there."...We are working on it haha. He wanted to sing "I'm trying to be like Jesus" with us. He was crying and so was I.

I’m trying to be like Jesus; I’m following in his ways. I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say. At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice, But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,

(Chorus) Love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought, For these are the things Jesus taught.

I’m trying to love my neighbor; I’m learning to serve my friends. I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again. I try to remember the lessons he taught. Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying: (Chorus)

So the other day Elder Cook and I met this awesome college kid named Kanta. During the conversation though some middle aged black dude pulls up on his bike and says, where is the church? Are you Mormons? Always awkward when someone interrupts a street contact but we split and I talked to him. His name is Earnest from Nigeria and he is such a strong Christian. We wrapped up things with Kanta and got contact info, then walked Earnest to the church. Once he got in the church he just abruptly stopped talking and gave this super intense prayer in French. We had a lesson and met again later in the week. He has a ton of potential. I love Africans they are so special.

I went on splits with another Elder I live with, Battaglia. We went out finding with a recent convert here Chouyo. He's from China but his Japanese is amazing. We saw some middle aged guy chillin in his car and called out to him. He said hi and we struck up an awesome conversation. His name is Watanabe. Chouyo got baptized just a couple weeks ago but he is amazing at proselyting! Long story short Watanabe came to the church for game night a couple days later and they had a lesson with him and he is interested in joining the church!

Other than that just some way funny experiences at church this last week. One of the members phones went off during church but she couldn't hear it (she is like 85). It was going off for soo long and was soo loud. I was laughing so hard as the whole ward was just turned around staring at her. Then during the sacrament prayer the mic started making this humming sound and it progressively got louder and louder till it was unbearable. The kid giving the prayer turned it off and just started yelling the prayer way louder than necessary so everyone could hear. To top it all of we watched a video in one of the classes about the atonement and no matter how many different times they tried to change the language it would always play the sign language one haha. So we watched in with sigh language and English subtitles. It was really entertaining to watch the members try to understand based off what they understood of the English and sign language then try to give their translation. To top off everything we were riding an elevator at the station and some American said, "hey elders!" Behind us. Turns out it was some member from Preston, ID here on business. We had a good chat. At the end he tried to give us money. We wouldn't take it, he insisted. Elder Cook took it and soon realized it was 10000¥ (about $100). Of course it was too late because the guy ran off and refused to accept it. He told us to get a nice dinner.... I feel like I eat out a good amount and get expensive meals and I still have extra money every month. What kinda meal are we going to get that uses 100 bucks?!! I don't like that it was forced upon us but hopefully God has something in mind for us to use it for.

Sorry, maybe kind of a dry email but, Love you guys :)

1. Our schedule for the last week... Lol I told you it's nuts! The small green sections are us contacting people in our records. We decided to clean up the records because we had 350+ potential investigators...

2. The Nakazawa's (Bishop's family and wife's parents) had us over for an awesome meal with games.

3. Look at me glow

4. Found a nice Vit. C face mask/refresher thing

No comments:

Post a Comment