Sunday, November 1, 2015

Wish Granted

Alright guys! I have always said that I wanted to serve in Yokohama (big city area, south of Tokyo). More specifically a place called Yamate that's the most popular city in the Yokohama area. Though for this next transfer since my companion has been here in Sagami for over 7 months and I just got there I though he was definitely due for a change and I would hang around.. To my surprise, out of nowhere I got my transfer call and I move to Yamate on Thursday and he is staying!!! I'll send a pic of the location. I'm excited, but I am sad I was only here for one transfer at the same time.

This week I don't have a ton to say but we meet with one of our Chinese investigators tonight. Julian (English name) is around my age and speaks great Japanese and is studying English. We teach him English for half the time then about church for the second half. It's a common thing in this mission because people love English here. It's cool because we have about 10 Chinese members one of which is a dope recent convert, Ohyo. I'll send a pic of Ohyo. So we have him come for our lessons to help teach and explain in Chinese. He also helps us out with Chen sometimes our other Chinese friend who comes to church and is suuuuper awkward. The other day Ohyo said, "I like Julian more, Chen always asks me Baka [stupid] questions." Lol.. Chen is scared of God and thinks because he's a "bad person." So he can't accept a Book of Mormon or else the wrath of God will come upon him. It's so ridiculous that I just sit and laugh at it. He comes to church and prays but a book is too much? Haha

I worked with a Japanese kid I live with named Yoshikawa for a day and it was really fun messing with him in Japanese. I've been feeling a lot better about my Japanese lately it's been nice. I really want a Japanese companion again it would help so much. We met a coach for the pro football team here while we were together. He's busy but hopefully they can meet him sometime after I leave.

So last thing. Halloween is pretty lame here in Japan but we had a dope Halloween party here at the church. There was a lot of people and it was pretty turnt. It was also a culture night where each room in the church was a different country. Though Elder Harrison and I made a Joseph Smith booth with a timeline of events and a movie. Different groups would come in and we would just teach them and go off testifying. The Spirit was there and some people took a Book of Mormon. It was a really good experience.

1. Grabbing life by the snail horns? cancel...

2. So that purple pin is where Yamate is. If you look to the left you can see where I am now "Sagamihara"

3. Our mission motto with Yamate in the background! Then Mount Fuji in the horizon :)

4. Sagami's Halloween party! My favorite is the face in the paintings, and bomberman on the far left

5. Bomberman without the costume, way chill member here. Turtleneck swag

6. That timeline tho! Jesus Christ's time

7. Joseph Smith's time, you can see the gold plates I made in the bottom

8. Ohyo! The Chinese recent convert who is helping us out.

9. Oh really? There is a child in that "car"?.. That sticker is bad enough even if it is a car..

Spackman 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment