Monday, October 26, 2015

My First F Bomb!

Wow, this week. Time is flying and the work is moving forward.

Every transfer goes by faster than the last. Sometimes this whole two year thing feels long but the times flies (Timeflies? Cancel)

This last Sunday 3 of our friends came to church. Akira who we met Saturday, weird experience of him stopping us on our bikes saying, "hello where are you from?" He is stoked to learn about Jesus and English but I think he may be really caught up in himself and not super open. I will send a pic of him. Then there was Chen our Chinese
friend who is super scared of the Book of Mormon and thinks because he is a "bad person" God will punish him if he accepts a holy book. Lastly, IKEDA came! We didn't get to teach him a lesson this week, but he is doing what he needs to in order to find that answer he has been praying for. Church was hectic trying to make sure people had a good experience. Then after church we went streeting and met a man who said "handsome! You guys are cool, good looking. You should be in movies" Then he goes to Elder Harrison and grabs the fat on his stomach and yanks on it back and forth and says, "attractive man." Man the stuff you see here sometimes. Then some random Indian dudes who wanted to take a pic? I'll send that. Then we had dinner at a members. It got sooo cold but we streeted again afterwords despite the conditions and boy am I thankful. Highlight of the week here. We saw about 3 people the whole time and we just kept walking around, looking back on it, really seems like we were guided to this man. So rare in Japan to not see like anyone on the street. The third guy we talk to middle aged man stops and right away says he wants to come to our church. Then we start talking, he says he wants to change his life, he wants to learn. Starts asking if it's ok if he can still come to church at this point
in his life, he may be too old. We are like of course man!! He was stoked and was so thankful he met us and agreed that it was probably guidance from God. I've met people similar to this and not seen them again which is the worst but I have a good feeling about this guy. Really felt the Spirit as he was talking to us about his desires. On top of it all he is a big Steelers fan and knows them from like the 60's or something. Anyone who knows Japan knows this is the rarest Japanese dude. That kinda person doesn't exist here. There was no one outside that night and we met someone like that? God's love and guidance for his children is undeniable.

Had a sad experience this week meeting a kid who hates Christ and God because of death and war. Man tears came to my eyes as I talked to this kid my age with so much hate and anger working a hard construction job living alone. I really wanted to help him so bad.

Funny experience of the week was while I was passing out English flyers at the train station. This man says "you're Mormon." I say "yeah how did you know?!" Then he dropped 4 F bombs while flipping me off as he walked away. Hahaha I told him to have a good day. I was laughing so hard and it really motivated me. I love negative motivation like that. That also doesn't happen in Japan. People don't usually know the F word or at least not how to use it or flip off. He did though. People always just avoid you here if they don't like you, not freak out on you.... We also met some guy that spoke a little English and told us him and his "husband" have 2 kids. We weren't sure if it was a language mistake so I said, "wait husband?" He said "yes husband, kyotsukette (be safe)." Definitely an awkward silence, not sure why we should be safe?

We have a legendary recent convert here who is Chinese. We teach him once a week and are trying to help him stop drinking and we had such a strong spiritual lesson with him this last week and he has stopped ever since.

Invited more people this week than I have in my entire mission. We are really looking for those select few out there that are ready to hear our message.

Little more pressure got put on me this week as my mission president said I may be training or a leader in the near future. Maybe not this transfer but we will see. He talked to me a lot about being a big leader in the mission and not being mediocre.

Another friend Shin became an investigator this week. He was like "I will take this (BoM) home, read it, and pray before bed, is that ok?" Things are going well here! I love you guys. Thinking and praying for you. Thanks for your support and prayers.

Elder Spackman

1. Our random Indian friends on the street
 
2. Akira who stopped us on Saturday then came to church. awkward pic
 
3. A friend who came to church last week from Oman, dope dude. He was putting like the whole church meeting on his snap story. Lol.
 
4. This lady here that's obsessed with missionaries playing with Harrison's chubby cheeks. Sketchy stuff lol. We try to avoid her..

No comments:

Post a Comment