Sunday, November 8, 2015

山手


Yamate is sooo sick! This place is known as the Beverly Hills of the mission. So many monster mansions in some of the most expensive areas of all Japan. You can see the coast and the really city part of Yokohama with the giant Ferris wheel and Landmark Tower from our apartment. Our church is actually famous here because it's where the very first missionaries came to Japan and dedicated the country for missionary work. Our church is on a really famous road and there are a ton of Christian churches, it's so weird to be around a lot of other churches. About half of the church members here speak perfect English and there are a lot of Americans. So weird to be around American families again. A lot of them work for the American government here. They are some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. It's awesome. The Americans love having the missionaries over so we get fed a lot. It's so dope!!

It was my companions birthday so we went to pretty much the only Mexican restaurant in Japan. It's legendary among missionaries here. So I ate Mexican food for the first time in almost a year! It's a place called La Salsa, all you can eat tacos, quesadillas, fried chicken, etc. So bomb.

Only really crappy thing is we ship our bags from place to place when we move through a shipping company. Somehow my bags got messed up and were sent to another missionary's apartment. So I have been wearing
the same clothes, sleeping without sheets and dealing without my stuff since Thursday... Kind of annoying... Also leaving any area is sad. Elder Harrison and I had found a ton of new people and started to meet with them right before I left. I am really hoping a large number of them become consistent investigators. Seems like we aren't working with a ton of people here in Yamate, hoping to change that as we go out and try to find em. Though this last week we had a friend that came to church but he is pretty lost mentally. He spaces out for a super long time then gets really restless all of a sudden. I'm so blessed with a healthy body and mind (at least from my perspective). He has had a hard life, but he turned to us during the middle of the class and just said "Ni Hau" haha (Chinese for hello).

Wow that was a super lame letter, I'm sorry. I hope you guys are doing well, getting involved with missionary work, being examples, and living righteously.

1. Dinner with some members before I left Sagami
 
2. A throwback from Atsugi :)
 
3. A crappy picture of a monster building here called Landmark Tower




Love you guys <3

Spackman 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment