Monday, September 7, 2015

You Have to See These Videos!

Hey guys! So my companion is great, Atsugi is awesome and we are teaching great people. Only bad thing in Atsugi is our apartment is super old and gross! Haha Though for some reason I've been feeling the fifth transfer "blues" lately. Just a common thing in this mission that you start to feel a little down in your 5th transfer but it's all good! Knew there would be hard times out here. It's just life right? Must be something I need to learn or something good coming up that Satan doesn't want me to experience. We gotta push on! 

Despite the recent lack of enjoyment out here.. Today was the best! We went to Costco with our great friend Kohei (kid who obsesses over basketball and we have been teaching lately) he also came to English class, we taught him this week and he started reading the Book of Mormon. We are taking it slow with him but he is understanding and progressing so well. He is very excited about, even posting on Facebook that he "prayed to God." Tomorrow we are playing basketball with him. We are all really good friends.

I played some ping pong this week with one of the members, brother Ishii, he is soo good and I have changed to only front hand play. I used to mostly use my backhand but I can go so much harder with back and top spin when I'm using front hand. I'm stoked about it! Haha probably didn't make sense.. 

Yesterday we taught this genius 14 year old named Naohiro. He understand every single thing we say. It's crazy, I've never seen a Japanese like that, especially not a 14 year old. It's so sick but he is apparently just learning because "he wants to learn about other religions." I think it's more than that and it will be more than that, but right now he is a little hard hearted. Really sick kid!!

So highlights of this week was hanging with Kohei and also our other friend who likes basketball and has a young family, Kenji! So we went to Sushi with him and his wife, I tried raw horse, so gross. Though we really hit it off as always with him. It was so fun and he talked on the way home a lot about life. Soo sad he is so depressed. He couldn't think of a single positive thing in his life except for his son. He said he wants to die, all kinds of stuff. We are trying to help him find a purpose in his life and help him. It's so hard because I don't understand the struggles of being married and having bad depression. Though I know Jesus Christ has felt how he feels and I know God knows what's best for him. The gospel helps with any problem someone may have. It's so cool to see. He is a little hard hearted and won't open his heart enough to try and feel God's love. Or so we thought... Today I got Facebook messages from him that he prayed and thanked God for everything he has in his life and asked me all sorts of questions about God. I can't believe he completely changed like that. Things got really bad with his wife and I'm really not sure what's going on or how to handle it but.... I'll let you know more next week! 

Funniest thing by far this week though... We have this crazy old guy that just comes in the church and asks us English questions. I took videos of him. We will see if I can cut down some of the videos because they are too long and he talks about some bad things... Haha

Love you guys! Do me a favor and read Alma 32, gosh it's so good every time I read it my mind gets reblown!

-Elder Spackman 

Pics & Vids

1. After sushi with Kenji and his wife Taeko! 

2. Our crazy friend grabs an escaping donut wrapper with some authority, scared me so bad haha

3. Us inviting him to be baptized as he leaves, he gladly accepted ;)

4. Him telling us that he was apparently a sports announcer but more importantly the kind of girls he likes hahaha I can't stop laughing at this
"Power! Good! Nutrition food!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment