Sunday, September 20, 2015

Kohei and Issei

HELLO everyone (what I mean though is "hey guys." but I guess we aren't allowed to say "hey" in our mission anymore because it's "slang" lol)

So sad news.... I'm moving to Sagamihara this Thursday and saying goodbye to Atsugi. I had some hard times and some great times here. Overall though in terms of the area it may go down as my favorite. I'm so sad to say goodbye to my friends here, the ward and especially Kohei. We are trying to hang out as much as possible before I leave. We hung yesterday, playing sports and going to Costco today and will chill again on Wednesday my last day too haha. This kid is seriously so sick. He's the 17 year old kid who Elder Brown and I found about 3 months ago, that is obsessed with basketball and loves listening to music. Yesterday we brought him to a family home evening activity. On the way there it was dark and I saw something dark flying at me, my mouth was a tad bit open and a good sized bug flew straight down my throat. I was gagging and coughing trying to get it out but I just had to swallow it... anyways.. Lol He is so friendly and nice to everyone but at the same time doesn't care what others think about him. He just does what's right. Usually when kids meet with missionaries here they don't tell their parents or friends but he is just super honest and open. We taught him the basics of the gospel last week and he has been praying. He had a college interview and prayed for help with it. He said he felt happiness and peace and wasn't nervous at all. He knows it was the Spirit too. Yesterday we talked to him about baptism and how it's our goal for him. He answered by saying he doesn't know what his parents will think but he thinks the gospel is really good. We asked why and he said because of the feelings he gets when he prays. Man I can't explain the happiness I feel with this kid. I'm teary eyed right now writing this.

Our other young friend Issei who I have taught occasionally also came last night with us and the other Elders and it sounds like he is going to start taking lessons. Issei is about my age. The idea of these two homies coming closer to God makes me so dang happy. My other basketball friend Kenji with the younger family is still struggling and hard to meet with. He is busy and sometimes too depressed to want to hang out. He is living separately with his wife. He says he is happier because of it. I really don't know what's best for him and his family so I am a little lost but I hope we can meet before I leave and that he continues to open his heart and pray. He watched the "Hope of God's Light" Mormon message and said he had goosebumps but has trouble believing it's legit and not just propaganda. It's the spirit he felt! He knows it too he just can't admit it. It's really sad to see all the answers right in front of someone and see them shove it away because they don't want to change or don't want the responsibilities. We have decided to drop Shimizu. We had three lessons in a row where the spirit was strong and we invited him to be baptized and he says he wants to be but he doesn't know if he is going to. It's been this way for so long. We need to give him some time. We are meeting with a dope young father named Kazuhiro (Kaz). We are teaching him English and gospel stuff. He has a lot of potential as well. We are just at the beginning stages with him. You may not hear about a lot of these people ever again but if I get news on them later on I will be sure and let you guys know!

The last really awesome thing that happened this week. There is a return missionary who we are friends with from Canada who spoke English and Chinese on his mission. He is trilingual. His name is Elder Ikeda and he actually served with a girl I met from Bountiful, Shaurie. He came to Atsugi and bought us a super expensive meal. We tried cow tongue (way good) and ligament. He asked for a priesthood blessing from us before his job interview with the Naval base close by as a doctor. I had the awesome opportunity of doing so. I love giving blessings. The next day he was really thankful and said it helped, then yesterday told me he got the job! It's a pretty hard job to get so I'm really excited for him. So cool to see the love that God has for his children to bless them so abundantly and to be a part of it.

Btw some of the weird foods I have eaten: Squid, Eel, Cow Tongue, (all way good) ligament, octopus (pretty good), raw horse (gross lol), human quad sushi (the worst).

Love you guys, read Either 12:27 be thankful for our weaknesses and trials because they help us be humble and therefore closer to God.

Elder Spackman

Pics

1. The two dopest kids here in Atsugi, Issei on the left, Kohei on the right <3

2. Bowling with our new friend from English class, Yoshida. (Yes I was the one that bowled 4 strikes in a row)

3. Arm wrestling the cutest little girl at church, I lost :(

4. People here don't celebrate Halloween but I guess this guy is ready to turn up this year lol

5-6. We on da bus str8 sleepin

No comments:

Post a Comment