Monday, June 29, 2015

Atsugi Round 2

Transfer calls came this week. I'm staying and so is my companion. So is the rest of the district except Mitabi (who is going home). We are getting an Elder who speaks Spanish to replace him! Couldn't be any more perfect, we have a decent amount of hispanic members and investigators in our ward. 
A few disappointing things happened this week. Shimizu couldn't make it to church (though we just had a way sick lesson with him), Akihiro, Sheryl and Kuramochi didn't show up to a ward baptsim we had this week as they said they would. Though we are still seeing miracles!

I was studying some Japanese in the apartment as Elder Brown was writing an email. I got sick of studying and decided I would try calling some people. Right away I thought of Kohei, a friend we met on the street a while back. I searched his name and 2 Kohei's showed up.. I clicked on the wrong one but decided I needed to give him a call too (no idea who he was). This 18 year old kid answers who is Japanese but lived in Canada and therefore is fluent in English. He said he is Christian and knows about Christ. Then he says he is down to come to church and listen to our message.. Crazy how we may have met the other Kohei just so that I could notice this one to call and set that lesson up. Whether that's how it went down from God's perspective or not, He definitely led me to this kid. BOOM MIRACLE. 
We lost contact with Kuramochi, our investigator we found a few weeks ago. Then this week he just showed up at the church, thank goodness we were there. He had read the whole Book of Mormon in a week! Then we had a lesson with him. BOOM MIRACLE.

Shimizu is doing well too. I really don't feel like I deserve all these many miracles, but I am definitely thankful for them. Trying to make the most of it! To add on to it, why am I so blessed to live in America with the great family, friends and opportunities I have had? Blows my mind. Never forget how lucky you guys are living in America with dope family and friends.

I read a really good talk this morning from the binder of talks the homie Coleson hooked up. Do me a favor and read it. And no one shall offend them by David A. Bednar, Gen. Conference October 2006. Here is the link:

Love you all

Spackman 長老

Pics and Vid

1. (Video) Killed the biggest cockroach this week. You need sound for this thing. I am doing most of the screaming haha. It was 7 minutes long but I cut it down for yall
2-3. Two of my favorite foods. Indo Curry and Tonkatsu Curry
4. Awesome family in our ward the Watanabes. We had dinner this week.
5. FINALLY! A picture of Shimizu and us! He is standing between Elder Brown and I

No comments:

Post a Comment