Monday, June 15, 2015

6 Months? Whaaat

So this week I've been out for 6 months. Halfway to a year? Insane. Though it's a little sad to hear about some of the homies going home now like Braiden. Just cause I still got a ways haha.

Doesn't mean I'm not still liking it out here though! This week I went on splits to Shonan. Before we left we had indo curry which is my favorite food here. It's not Japanese but it's great. Shonan is on the coast. We went and talked to people, not super successful but it was great to see the beach for the first time in 6 months. There were people playing volleyball and there was a basketball court there. We will probably go there next p day. While I was there I missed the lesson with Shimizu here but he is doing well and we talk to him on the phone every day. I'm a little worried about what will happen when Satan makes his next big move to keep him from getting baptized, but all I can really do is pray. We have a lesson with him tonight. Really hoping I don't leave before he gets baptized. On splits we found a pretty solid investigator for the companionship in Shonan, who is stoked about reading the Book of Mormon. He had his head buried in it as he walked away. Shonan also had a massage chair in their apartment. Oh man it was nice. There are so many cheap places to get massages here and I want one so bad but of course as a missionary I shouldn't. One member here came in the church and while I was sitting down just gave me a back rub and had recently been to America and gave me a bunch of skittles. They are gone now but they were soooo good! It's been too long. Two things I have been dying for haha.

Elder Brown and I had a day completely devoted to finding a new investigator and we definitely found one and kind of another. This guy on the street told us he is interested in religion and at the end of our convo I felt like I should ask if he would get baptized if he found an answer to his prayers about our message. To my surprise he didn't really sound opposed to it. We had a lesson with him this week. He definitely is involved in some immoral things but he is searching for truth and prayed in the lesson to know if our message is true. If he has trouble finding an answer I may have to share my experience of how I found my answer by living the commandments for a while so I could be in tune with the spirit. We should be meeting with him consistently. We found another lady who reads the bible and is Christian but doesn't really claim to a religion, she had a way cool son who is really good at English. We will hopefully be able to teach that family soon.

Really not a lot else to update.... Kobayashi has been bailing on us lately. We should be meeting with him tonight. He has got to start coming to church tho!.. Kinda sad, yesterday someone jumped in front of a train at the station that's right next to our house :( as I have said before Japan is the number 2 country in the world in terms of suicides. Some of these people really need the piece, guidance, understanding, and joy that comes with this gospel. Wish I could have talked to that person before they threw it all away.

Sorry for the lame email. Love you guys. Things get hard sometimes in life. Never give up, be humble enough to seek God's help, and ask for it from others. If someone asks you for help, you notice someone needs it, or even have a feeling someone does. Do something about it! Sometimes we just need to forget about our problems and help others.

Spackman 長老

Pics
1. Not very pretty but Shonan beach!


2. This statue of a jacked dude on top of some shop here


3. We made a ton of cookies for some activity. I made some sick ones but here's Japan's flag.

4. Video: having some fun at the playground lol

No comments:

Post a Comment