Thursday, January 22, 2015

Past the Hump

Waddup!! 

I am past the hump here at the mtc! Yesterday was the start of my 6th week. I leave the 23rd of February. Tomorrow will be a month until I leave. Crazy to think about. When I first left I kind of prepped myself for Japan. Now that I am used to the life here at the MTC (well kind of), I will have to prepare for such a different world again for next 23 months of my mission. One of the few things we are allowed to do here is get on google maps and check out our mission and it's pretty addicting. I definitely spend too much time doing that. I heard about the NFL playoffs and sad I am missing out. When I first heard about the playoffs I guessed it would be a Pats and Hawks in the SB and that the Colts would upset Denver. Just saying.. still got it. 

For some reason I can't find my camera. Let's hope I didn't loose it.. So sorry no pics this week.. 

So couple things I want to clear up from last email. We didn't actually go to Panda express last week. Our teacher just brought it to us in the parking lot on our way to the temple. We were trying to do it within the rules. Guess we still broke it... whoops! lol

Also this place really isn't as bad as I made it sound. I just know all of you want to hear my feelings about the mission and I try to tell you the unabridged version of how it really is. Just cause I would rather not say anything than not be real. FIRST THINGS FIRST I"M THE REALEST. lolz. So if you ask how the MTC is I will probably just tell you to check out my weekly email, cause that is actually how it is. It really is sick here though and I know it's where I need to be. I realize most of the reason they have these crazy rules are to keep structure with so many missionaries here.

So an update on the teacher that brought us Panda. We haven't heard from him since. We were told that he is supposed to talk to someone about what happened but that person of higher authority is gone. He was supposed to be back yesterday but the time got extended to next week. We are all starting to get worried. Sucks because we don't have any way of communicating with him... 

On Tuesday my best friend here, Elder Maynes got sent home... He had some things that he didn't clear up before he came out. I felt pretty bad plus I am going to miss him around here a ton. I see how hard it must be to be here for 8 weeks or so and not be able to make it to Japan. Sometimes that is the only thing that keeps me going. I am way proud of him though. He is such a great example for doing the right thing. Don't ever judge a missionary for coming home for whatever reason it is. Just love the crap out of them. It has got to be one of the hardest things. I have seen too many become depressed and/or throw away their lives because of the judgment of others. Don't get me wrong I am just as guilty as any for judging others. Still working on it.

I got a huge letter from the fam (thanks guys). Heard some GREAT news. My sister Amber is pregnant! I couldn't help but get teary eyed seeing this realizing how much I will miss while I am gone. It's all worth it though. I already know that and I'm not even in Japan. She asked: Girl or Boy? I am guessing boy. Just because I already have 2 nieces... So I think the odds are in my favor. Just call it hunger games? Dang I feel like I am loosing my humor here.
Elder Ballard (one of the 12 leaders of the church for those who don't know) came and spoke this week. One thing he said was that whenever we are feeling down to just write a letter to Joseph Smith in the terrible conditions of Carthage Jail and try to cheer him up. We will be humbled real quick. For those of you who don't know Joseph Smith, just write a letter to a hero of yours who has been through an extremely hard time. Something that seems unbearable to you and try to cheer them up. Great advice I know that would make me appreciate life so much better. 
Ballard didn't do this but I have noticed here that so many people compliment and tell us missionaries that "we are doing great" and that "we shouldn't stress too hard." I don't know about the rest of the missionaries here but I respond a lot more to blunt and sometimes negative encouragement. I love responding to opposition that doesn't think I can do something (haters are motivators lolz). Sometimes I feel that we are almost worshiped which in all honesty none of us deserve it. I am just happy to be here, it's a great opportunity. I wish I felt more pressure to learn the language. It's all on me here in the MTC, which may be the hardest part for me right now.

I feel like I am missing something but can't think of anything else! I love you all and am so thankful for all of your friendship, memories together and example that many of you have set for me. The chances of me being here now without so many great friends and examples would be very slim. Family is not only blood, but also the friends you choose.

Much Love Fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment