Thursday, January 8, 2015

Konnichiwa Minasen!

Konnichiwa Minasen!

Minasen meaning everyone. Maybe it's son not sen but whatevs. This week flew by! The time is flying quicker and quicker. I am almost halfway done with my stay here at the mtc. The language is very hard but I know for a fact that Heavenly Father has been helping me.

We are teaching an investigator named Shohei (who is actually just my teacher pretending to be an investigator). He is actually the same guy who played as my first investigator here Hashimotto. I just didn’t know he would be my teacher at the time! His real name is Greggory Kyodai (Brother), such a stud. I love both him and my other teacher Sheehan Sensei. Though I learn Japanese from Greggory really well. So anyways Shohei (investigator Greggory plays) agreed to baptism this week. The Spirit was so strong in the room and I couldn’t stop smiling. It wasn’t even a real investigator but it still made me soo happy! Gosh I can’t wait to be able to experience that with real investigators and open their eyes to the happiness that the gospel brings.

Last Sunday was my first fast Sunday here. If any of you need anything I would strongly encourage fasting. It helped me receive my answer to go on a mission and it has helped me in learning the language out here. You can only experience the power by doing it yourself though. I thought it would be a super long day with a 2 hour mission conference and starving 2/3 of the day. Though I was extremely surprised how easy it was because I was fasting for something specific. We figured out, at the mission conference, that the mtc President Nally is being released. I never met him but he seems like a great guy. He has served as the pres the last 4 years. Which means he has welcomed this huge increase in missionaries after the age change. What a task. It also means he has welcomed most of the homies that were such great examples in serving missions that came before me. A new district leader was also called. Everyone (including me) thought it would be 1 of 2 other elders in the district who are probably the best at staying on task and being obedient. I got called in for my regular interview and right off the bat, my branch pres. asked if I would serve as the new district leader. I was pretty surprised, though honored. Being district leader really isn’t a big deal but not everyone in our district will get a chance because we have ten elders. I love my district so much. I can’t help but feel a little inadequate to lead such a sick group. Though I am excited about the opportunity.

Yesterday we hosted new missionaries, and we are doing it next week too. So cool to see so many cars and elders being dropped off. Something I didn’t get to experience because I was an early arrival. My elder's mom would not stop crying and hugging him. Reminded me of why I am here and the support I have had and continue to have. Love you mom. Thank you to those of you that have helped me get here. I say it a lot but I will never say it enough.

Yesterday we jumped really far ahead in the Japanese lessons with Sheehan Sensei and I understood it all and it blew my mind. I love this language. I get emotional sometimes when learning it because it is soo cool. Yet soo frustratingly simple. English is so confusing yet it makes sense in my mind. So Japanese is so hard because everything is simplified. Like I said earlier though I can feel God's help. Thank you to those of you who have been praying for me. Especially my niece Kennedy :) I just wanted to let you know your prayers are being answered.

I can’t believe I am almost halfway done with my stay here in the mtc. Craziness. I know it’s a basic thing to say but it’s so crazy how fast time is flying. Just call me Basic Brett…. Cancel

No time to proof read this so sorry if I am illiterate…
Ai Shite Masu! (I love you)
Spackman Chorro
Here are some pictures other elders have taken. I finally got my camera to work so I will start sending some of my own.
Just call me Jedi Swagman 
One of the elders in my district, Elder Hansen and me 
To be honest, I get pretty tired sometimes. So does the homie De La Paz Choro. He fell out of his desk and I woke up to him falling on me lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment