Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!

I hope you all had more fun than me going to bed and hearing the taunting boom of fireworks outside the MTC lol. What a crazy year it has been. I don't even remember last new years.. Though I know I have changed a ton.

Christmas day was pretty great here. They always say that if elders are in the MTC for Christmas it is their favorite one. I would definitely disagree. I missed my family more than ever that day. Was it the most memorable Christmas? Yes. Not my favorite though. I did get to call the parentals for about 30 minutes which was pretty sweet. Elder Nelson came and spoke to us which was pretty awesome. You can just feel the change in a room when an apostle walks in. Later we watched the movie Ephraim's Rescue. Really cool. I would strongly recommend it. 

This last Sunday we had our usual devotional. David Archuleta came. You would not believe how much the sisters were freaking out. I couldn't help but think about how angry the MTC leaders would be if all the Elders were hooting and hollering at a girl at the devo. I usually am not a fan of younger male singers who girls just obsess over ,so I have never liked David. Though I soon realized that he's a straight boss. Great singer. He recently got back from his mission in Argentina. What a stud to go serve the Lord despite the success that he has had in the music industry. He let it all go, to serve, he also has a way strong testimony and sick story. To be that successful but still be that humble and faithful is very rare and admirable. He also brought the organist for Mo Tab. One of the most talented dudes I have ever seen on the organ. Dad check him out on YouTube or something. His name is Richard Elliot I think? He did some sweet Christmas songs. Played this one song mostly with feet. It was insane. 

I am having trouble with these super restrictive rules of the mtc. Not obeying but just my attitude towards them. Mostly the ones that restrict me from feeling the Spirit. For example, not being able to listen to mo tab or gospel music in the classroom or in the room. Even if it's over speakers. Don't get me wrong though I am having a ton of fun making friends, learning the language (as hard as it is) and continuing my conversion to Christ. I realized this week that the my personal benefits of serving a mission come second to serving the Lord the people and working hard. If I do those things the personal advantages of a mission come second.

The last thing is a little weird/funny. There is a district here with a lot of sisters who all think I look a ton like Tom Hanks. I always catch them staring and talking about me. pretty awk no lie. Yesterday during dinner one walked up to me and said "Elder Tom Hanks I have something for you" hands me a note. The note went off on all these Tom Hank movie puns and how creepy she must be to be writing a note but it's cause she thinks I am so wonderful. On the back it said "feel free to write me." One of the other sisters dropped off a similar note but not saying a word. What is this first grade? lol. Not sure if I should take this Tom Hanks thing as a compliment or... nah... 

Anyways! Didn't have a ton of time this week. Sorry if I didn't get back to you. If you can send me your address and/or dear elder me so that I'm not restricted to answering in just an hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment