Monday, November 30, 2015

New Niece and Bed Bugs

Hey guys!

Hope you all had a great thanksgiving and had an opportunity to reflect on what you're thankful for. This year I am thankful for all of you who have played a positive role in my life, big or small. From my perspective if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't be on a mission and wouldn't have a relationship with my Heavenly Father. I'm thankful God loves me enough to send people like you.

This week was a little harder to get a lot done. We have had a bed bug problem since I got here. I haven't been bit, in fact no one has except my companion who got bit a lot. I woke up one morning with one next to my face just staring at me, then I killed it, went back to bed. 15 minutes later I woke up and found another on my pillow... Killed it but they get filled with blood from biting Elder Gailey and I got some on my pillow. Bad start to the day haha but the extermination this week was intense enough we had to get everything protected by plastic bags. Took a long time. It also was pretty cold and rainy this week so that didn't help. One night this week we were super tired and didn't have much time but we talked ourselves into going out and we ran into a kid we had met last week and we had a great talk. We got his name but can't find his Facebook :(

For Thanksgiving we actually got to have two dinners. Gotta love having Americans in the area that take care of us. We had one dinner with the Sorensons one night which was just the best atmosphere, then on Thanksgiving day every companionship in the zone got assigned a family on the Yokosuka Navy base. Elder Gaily and I went to one with three different families. It was like we were in America for a night.. Man that got us scared to come back to America.. First time I have ever felt that but it was so loud and hectic. We didn't know what to do with ourselves. Our English has gotten a little weird too haha. Almost felt like we don't belong in America.. But I definitely don't feel comfortable in this weird Japanese world either...What is life?... Lol

So here is the highlight of the week. We met up with our new friend Ken Kimura at the church. He is pretty good at English and wants to learn more. We talked to him about this program we do where we teach about God and English. He was like "I want to learn both of those!" We then taught some English and had such a good lesson, kinda. We explained that as he learns about God he will want to blessings from and a relationship with him. Eventually he will want to be baptized. I was thinking we would just mention the baptism thing. Then we kept talking about it and Elder Gailey challenged him to be baptized haha. I was surprised, Ken thought about it for a long time then finally said, "what is baptism." Lol we hadn't really explained it.. but we explained it and the blessings that come with it. Then he got way excited and was saying how he wants eternal life and stuff like that. After the explanation he said he was down. Which was so dope! But we haven't been able to get a hold of him since.. I'm worried we gave him too much at once and scared him a little.

We had another lesson at the church with an older man who was the most prideful person I have ever met. He was really good at English and kept telling us how we are talking to the best of all the Japanese people. He wouldn't listen to anything we said. We were super blunt with him, like suuuuper blunt, kinda called him out. If we stumped him he would just change the subject to something ridiculous. It was so ignorant I was just laughing. We had only talked on the phone so we had no idea that was coming lol. We had like 4 crazy people at church this last week too. We don't try to find or teach crazies but they are some of the only people who are willing to come to church or listen.

Other than that not much else is going on, we played ultimate frisbee again with some members in the morning this week, that was a blast. Also in case you wanted to know some bird dropped a huge poop on our balcony railing and it splattered all over our sheltered apartment windows. I have no idea how a bird could put out something so big!

Also congrats to my sister Nancy on her second baby girl London Crump!! Proud to be an uncle.

I love you guys! Oh and check out the last video I posted on Facebook!

1. That thanksgiving meal at the Sorensons tho



2. Cute Twins

3. Ultimate frisbee last week with some of the zone

4. The most American pizza you will find in Japan, maybe the best pizza I have ever had.

5. Thanks for the package fam!

6. View from the apartment

7. Mt. Fuji from our apartment

8. During the bug spray

Oh and today I got word that Julian, a kid I found in Sagamihara, is planning to get baptized, that was some really good news! :)

Spackman 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment