Sunday, September 18, 2016

George Bush

The thing that probably stuck out most from this week is our friend Kurenuma. He is doing awesome. I met him on splits w/Elder Ramos last week. He then came to church last Sunday and then we had our first lesson this last Saturday. Beforehand he had read the restoration and plan of salvation pamphlet we gave him and understood pretty much all of it! In our lesson we set some really good expectations and invited him to be baptized. He said, "sorry, I don't know if I can do that right now." Haha I guess it didn't fully get passed along that we are talking about a time in the future. He is probably in his thirties, has an IT job and is really smart. He is also pretty dang awkward haha. We love him though. He is praying, coming to church and studying earnestly. As long as he keeps that up you'll be seeing baptismal photos in the near future :) He didn't come to church yesterday though! We were really worried that he came across some anti Mormon stuff or that we said or did something wrong. We get a call later in the day, it was him and he felt really bad he missed church due to a headache. He's got a lot of potential!

I talked about him a couple weeks ago, Kouichiro a young father who had been meeting with missionaries for a while contacted us! We hadn't hit him up in a while and he hit us up first. It feels about as good as when a girl txts/calls you first. He told us he wants to meet this week and asked what he should study to prepare. It's great because we had already decided that it would be good for him to read, "Lord I Believe" by Elder Holland. I've decided to be more bold with Kouichiro so hopefully we have some good news next week. He is so humble and
willing to prepare. I seriously love this guy, my desire to help him is strong.

The last guy I want to talk about is a middle aged Nigerian man named George. We met him a couple days ago on the street and really simply testified and invited him to meet with us. He introduced himself as, "George... Bush." Haha We are now meeting tonight with the bishop! Should be a killer lesson. I love African guys!

Last thing! Elder Yamashita from the quorum of the 70 came for a mission conference! He and his wife are so dang happy and energetic. Actually they came a year ago and it was pretty much the same thing but I still learned so much and got so much revelation for my investigators. After a conference like that I look at the list of all the things I need to change and feel so overwhelmed haha. There was a HUGE announcement while we were there though. Elder Bednar is coming next month! I was so excited to hear that, he and Holland are my favorite apostles. I've heard of him just wrecking missionaries before so I'm tryna work hard so that I can feel confident shaking his hand and answering any of his questions. I guess on a larger scale we should be thinking the same thing about our Heavenly Father and when we meet Him.

3 more months, Love you guys :)

1. We also had zone meeting this week in Tokorozawa!

2. There was a misunderstanding with the timer, and a last second realization that the pic was taking lol

3. Pretty fun zone

4. Giyouza (pot stickers) these things were like little burritos they were so big!

5. Monster UNIQLO

No comments:

Post a Comment