Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Defining Moment for Me

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! I can't believe how much I missed the first 18 years of my life looking at my phone or sleeping through gen. conf. Some main points I noticed from conference is that we know things but do we really believe it? For example some of us may know that we are children of God but do we live our lives and address our challenges with that in mind? I also liked the council given on standing behind our church leaders who have been called of God. Also of course addressing our faith before doubts. It addresses the recent disagreements that have caused some to throw their faith away.

So this last week I got a little worried because my companion has a lot of questions about the church and restoration that may be hurting his faith. Nothing huge, but it came up in a lesson and it made me worry a bit about his testimony. We had a great talk about it! I shared some talks and we talked about putting our faith first. I encouraged him to strengthen his testimony of the restoration. The only reason I tell this story is because when we knelt down to pray together to end studies I felt like I should pray about the restoration. I got silent as I felt very personal with my Heavenly Father at that moment. I REALLY felt like I was talking to the same being that had appeared to Joseph Smith in 1820. It's true, all of it.

Then yesterday while I watched the first session of conference I started crying during the opening song "I will follow God's plan for me," then through President Monson's great talk, then finally pulled my self together at the end of the second talk. I couldn't figure out what had happened to me. I could feel it so strongly that I was watching God & Christ's conference and their prophets speak. I also was feeling such strong peace through the whole conference that because of the resurrection & plan of salvation my friend John Galt and Grandpa are in a good place and I can see them again. I'm so thankful.

Otherwise this last week we got to meet with the 22 year old Motoki that Boody and met last week. We taught him about God, Christ, prayer, the Book of Mormon, prophets, church, all the good stuff. He understood it all! He was pretty stoked about it and said his first real prayer, that's always the best to see. This kid is legit, we should be meeting with him weekly.

Also a great member in the ward, Brother Oba, did us a huge favor and visited Nakamura! He set up a dinner and had us come so that we can try to get him back on track. Then he came to General Conference! He was really touched by a few of the talks. That was probably another reason I couldn't stop crying. So happy he was there.

I love you guys, God is trying to tell all of you something this last week at conference, so make sure you remember and utilize the things you learned and reread the talks. If you are receiving this email, yes I am talking to you. Whether you are Mormon or not. Check it out

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04?cid=HP_SU_3-4-2016_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

Pictures!

1. A member took us to T.G.I.Fridays, my first time actually. Soooo good

2. Had a chance to grab dinner with Rick Harper from Eagle! :)


3. This is the view out the window from my study desk in the apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment