Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Busteed

I don't want to speak too early but I think my mission president may have decided to give me a dope companion this transfer because the last two transfers were pretty rough. Busteed 長老 is so sick! I have been laughing pretty much nonstop since Thursday when he got here. Every day is a crazy adventure and something crazy or weird is always happening since we became companions. It's really good to just get back to having fun while doing work. He went to Utah State the first semester of my freshman year and stayed in Snow dorms where I spent most of my time. I'm sure we met we just probably didn't think anything of it at the time, now we are companions. We have made some insane connections with friends and similarities so far. Really excited about this transfer.

Before he came we were working in a trio. Elder Brown, Gutierrez, and me. It was good I guess. Kind of weird being with three people but in some ways it was really good. It lightened up the mood a lot. I really have been too tired and busy lately though to write in my journal so I can't read back on or remember most of this last week. I'm doing well though, my companion is great. Shimizu is seriously so close to baptism it's insane. He says it's too hard to explain what's holding him back, which is frustrating because we don't know how to help him.. But I bet he goes through with it sometime this transfer :) 

This week we got a little lost walking around and I jokingly said, "it must be the Spirit!" A little later we pass some guy who looks way down... I know right away we need to talk to him. As we are talking he just randomly sits down on the curb. Haha kinda weird but we sat down too. We said, "well since we are sitting will you hear our message." He said yeah and pulled a pamphlet out from some other church. You must understand, you usually can't find a person around here who has ever been to church or talked to church people, super crazy. We start talking and realize he's homeless. Then he says he hasn't eaten in a week... Of course we took him out and made him eat as much as he could then taught him the restoration. He was interested, and not just cause we were buying him food, or so it seemed. He said he usually sleeps in the park and I was determined to get this guy a place to sleep. We asked our ward mission leader and he said the church was a no go and we aren't allowed to let people in our apartment. Kinda sad but we had an extra futon (Japanese bed) and pillow so we gave him that and he said he would come to church the next day. We told him we would help him more the next day. Man we were both soo happy we got to help that guy. He choose not to come to church which really surprised me but thankful for that experience regardless!

We played ball with Kenji this week (the guy who I said I feel like I was meant to meet on my mission). It was soooo fun. Then we had a deep talk with him. I really got to talk to him about loving his wife more. He has the desire he just has trouble not fighting with her. We got him committed to trying harder. He's pretty busy so we may not be able to meet a lot but we'll see. It was so hot playing basketball. Later that day I was way dehydrated and lost feeling in my fingers, couldn't see out my right eye and got a way bad migraine. I'm ok though, Japanese summer is just something else. 

Anyways I love you all, I'll send a better one next week! :)

Elder Spackman

Pics

1. Kenji and us after basketball (plus weed leaf haha)

2. Elder Busteed and I have been thinking of really random ways to talk to new people. There is a big strawberry here with chairs under it, so we sat there and had random people take our pictures then tried to talk to them. Here's one of the pics haha

3. Here's our homeless friend who we fed and gave a bed and pillow. Not necessarily the face from him you would expect to see after that but... It was great!

4. My new suit jacket ;) jk.. But you already know I bought dat $8

5. Raining way hard here sometimes.. We just hung with some random kid and watched it for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment