Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ready to Go

Sorry, ready to get out of here. I feel like I am going insane in spirit prison! lol. Little things are starting to really bug me. I just want to get to Japan and start really learning the language and changing peoples lives, and eat something other than cafeteria food for once! 

Just an example of me being easily annoyed. I was walking out of the exit of the cafeteria and a senior couple were on the other side. We both started coming through the door at the same time and I tried to be very polite in saying sorry as I quickly stepped through the door and out of their way. The husband of the companionship grabbed my arm and turned me around as I walked by. He got in my face and said "Elder! THIS is a lady/sister, she deserves a little more respect. You should have let her go in front of you." I sat there shocked for a second that he had the nerve to say this. I pointed at the door and said, "THIS is the exit." He and his wife looked over at the entrance and said, "oops wrong way." No apology or anything. I usually wouldn't care and really should have more patience than that. Though I am so stuffed up here, little things make me mad. 

Otherwise, my week was very non eventful and basic. Until today. I got to see the homie Jordan Lee today who is headed out to Copenhagen, he arrived to the MTC yesterday. Also saw Aden Cowley (not sure how to spell the last name). Both good friends from high school. The amount of Elders that have come out of Eagle High is crazy. So exciting to see the amount of people that have decided to serve due to the examples of others, that now have the opportunity to be the example. Sometimes I feel like we over complicate how to change peoples lives. Loving them and being an example is where it all starts.
I have lost my retainer in the transit from Boise to here. So today I got a chance to go off campus to go to the ortho. Wow. How great it was to get out of prison after being cooped up in here for 8 1/2 weeks. The orthodontist was blasting some good music and they gave us slushies. I never knew a slushy and  music at a orthodontist office could make anyone as happy as I was in there. In the mtc they don't let us even listen to church music unless they are the ones playing it. Which is not how it will be in the field, the mtc is just super strict due to past occurrences. So that was the first music (other than hymns sung by elders) I had heard. Great experience. 
Now to add to the joy. The shuttle driver that took us back was way cool. Right before we got out to go back in the mtc he asked where we were going. He got excited and asked if we knew Gregory Sensei. Said they were good friends. I quickly told the story and he shot Gregory a text for us saying sorry and that we miss him. He also gave me his email! So great. I just sent him an email asking if we can meet up at the temple next week before we leave to at least say goodbye. So thankful for that!

Love you all and so thankful for your support and prayers. I get emotional every time I realize how many people are praying for me. I feel God's love and help every day of my life.

Ai Shite Mas,

Spackman Choro
Elder Lee and I. What a stud.
 
Igan Choro (from my district) and I at the ortho w/ our slushies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment